"Sometimes at night, I get up and I'm like 'Leave me alone, '" he said, clapping his hands for emphasis. "People don't know this, but when I was 17, I remember becoming obsessed with Boy George and Marilyn (Monroe), and all that", he said.
And in a new interview with The Sunday Times Culture Magazine, the 25-year-old revealed he loved to cross-dress as a teenager, and still owns a selection of high heels to this day.
'I mean, I've got these tattoos on my fingers. "I didn't know what I wanted to say", he said. While he didn't put a label on it, this sounds a lot like being gender fluid, where a person does not identify with a single fixed gender. I feel like they show me.
Smith came out in 2014, the same year he released his debut album, "In the Lonely Hour".
The now openly gay Grammy victor is using his experience for his music, explaining that his song "Him" is about a son coming out to his father.
"I wasn't trying to make a big pop record when I made this album, I was just trying to make something personal and like a diary", he continued. But now I'm singing songs about another guy, but now I'm quite happy.
"In the Lonely Hour is about a guy that I fell in love with past year", he told Faderat the time. "I realize that maybe I don't mind that title", he said.
- VW scores approval to fix 38000 diesel SUVs
- Russian Federation vetoes extension of mission probing chemical weapons use in Syria
- Mushers express concern over Iditarod drug rule rewrite
- Coming Soon?! Taco Bell Is Testing A Kit Kat Quesadilla
- Arizona Senator Jeff Flake Will Not Seek Reelection in 2018
- You Can Now Go Live on Instagram with a Friend
- Protester Throws Russian Flags at Trump: 'We Should Be Talking About Treason'
- Meghan Markle's half-sister denies rumours of rift with actress
- Pliskova beats Muguruza to win White Group, Ostapenko eliminated
- Rotary clubs attempting to eradicate polio; donations needed