"Sometimes at night, I get up and I'm like 'Leave me alone, '" he said, clapping his hands for emphasis. "People don't know this, but when I was 17, I remember becoming obsessed with Boy George and Marilyn (Monroe), and all that", he said.
And in a new interview with The Sunday Times Culture Magazine, the 25-year-old revealed he loved to cross-dress as a teenager, and still owns a selection of high heels to this day.
'I mean, I've got these tattoos on my fingers. "I didn't know what I wanted to say", he said. While he didn't put a label on it, this sounds a lot like being gender fluid, where a person does not identify with a single fixed gender. I feel like they show me.
Smith came out in 2014, the same year he released his debut album, "In the Lonely Hour".
The now openly gay Grammy victor is using his experience for his music, explaining that his song "Him" is about a son coming out to his father.
"I wasn't trying to make a big pop record when I made this album, I was just trying to make something personal and like a diary", he continued. But now I'm singing songs about another guy, but now I'm quite happy.
"In the Lonely Hour is about a guy that I fell in love with past year", he told Faderat the time. "I realize that maybe I don't mind that title", he said.
- Mushers express concern over Iditarod drug rule rewrite
- Arizona Senator Jeff Flake Will Not Seek Reelection in 2018
- Taj Mahal was originally a 'Shiv Temple': Vinay Katiyar on Chalisa controversy
- You Can Now Go Live on Instagram with a Friend
- Lockheed Martin Corp. Announces 14% Decline In Q3 Bottom Line
- Meghan Markle's half-sister denies rumours of rift with actress
- Here's How You Can Buy an Apple Watch for Just $25
- TD Securities Downgrades Eldorado Gold Corporation (EGO) to Hold
- Everton appoints former star, Unsworth as caretaker manager after Koeman sacking
- HDFC Bank Q2 net grows 20% to Rs 41.51 bn