Back in August, Reynolds, 41, posted a birthday message to wife Blake, 30, which cropped her out of the picture in pretty hilarious style.
But this scorcher was well worth the wait.
Let's quickly revisit what prompted Lively's message: For her 30th birthday, Reynolds wrote a lovely message wishing a happy birthday to his "amazing wife".
The story gets funnier as earlier in the same day, Ryan had joked on Twitter about his two toddlers, James and Inez trying to make a big deal about celebrating daddy's birthday. 'Happy Birthday to my incredible wife, ' he captioned the snap.
Fans of the couple were beside themselves with delight at Lively's comeback. What's better is that the photo shows Gosling in full light and only shows a minor part of our beloved Deadpool's face.
"Buahahaha, I love u both so much!"
Reynolds and Lively, who tied the knot in 2012 and have two children, are known for taking playful digs at each other.
- Malaysia trial in Kim murder concludes for day
- Gears Of War 4 Will Look Pretty Amazing On Xbox One X
- Under-fire Ronald Koeman needs more time at Everton, says Jamie Carragher
- 479 nominations filed for Himachal Assembly polls
- Egypt: Death of dozens of security forces in clash with militants
- Michael Bay Producing a Live-Action Dora the Explorer Movie
- Kenyan lawyer says slain teacher Gabrielle Maina's wounds suggest she was executed
- Philippe Coutinho says Liverpool did not follow Jurgen Klopp's instructions against Tottenham
- GST Intel Agency refutes reports of raids at actor Vishal's office
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL) PT Raised to $80.00