Bryant quickly denied it and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Tuesday that after speaking to Bryant, it's clear the wideout wants to stay in Pittsburgh.
Bryant called out Pittsburgh rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster on social media in a response to a comment after the game.
"JuJu is no where near better than me, fool", Bryant wrote from his official account, per ESPN.
The "all they need to do is give me what I want" line is certainly an interesting one. Either way, Bryant should be in for close to a full workload Sunday after losing snaps to JuJu Smith-Schuster in recent weeks. "I want him to get his".
It now appears that all of those jokes and denials may just have been covering up the truth that he doesn't like his role and he wants a fresh start somewhere else. Ain't nobody did nothing to get me back.
Bryant later deleted his comment and replaced it with a longer comment, which both praised Smith-Schuster and also claimed he was given "no help and little support", presumably by the Steelers. "In due time the process will show". Bryant has been targeted just 5 times in the last two games.
The NFL Network reported Bryant had requested a trade.
"I'm good. That's up to the coaches", Bryant said when asked about his role in the offense.
Bryant missed the entire 2016 season serving a suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
Bryant has just 234 yards and one score on the year. The up-and-coming wideout has already produced 93 receptions for 1,545 yards and 15 touchdowns over the course of his first 27 career regular-season games atop the National Football League level.
- Shin Megami Tensei V is confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Billie Lourd honored Carrie Fisher's birthday with the sweetest tribute
- Olympic Gymnast Shawn Johnson Shares Her Heartbreaking Story of Miscarriage
- Harry Styles groped on stage
- MA boy, 7, mauled by pit bulls, cops say
- Cisco nears deal to acquire telecom software maker BroadSoft
- Mann's Packing recalling certain vegetable products due to Listeria concerns — RECALL ALERT
- A Fresh Look At The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO)
- Neogaf down after owner accused of sexual harassment
- Luiten flies high at Valderrama after albatross