Bryant quickly denied it and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Tuesday that after speaking to Bryant, it's clear the wideout wants to stay in Pittsburgh.
Bryant called out Pittsburgh rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster on social media in a response to a comment after the game.
"JuJu is no where near better than me, fool", Bryant wrote from his official account, per ESPN.
The "all they need to do is give me what I want" line is certainly an interesting one. Either way, Bryant should be in for close to a full workload Sunday after losing snaps to JuJu Smith-Schuster in recent weeks. "I want him to get his".
It now appears that all of those jokes and denials may just have been covering up the truth that he doesn't like his role and he wants a fresh start somewhere else. Ain't nobody did nothing to get me back.
Bryant later deleted his comment and replaced it with a longer comment, which both praised Smith-Schuster and also claimed he was given "no help and little support", presumably by the Steelers. "In due time the process will show". Bryant has been targeted just 5 times in the last two games.
The NFL Network reported Bryant had requested a trade.
"I'm good. That's up to the coaches", Bryant said when asked about his role in the offense.
Bryant missed the entire 2016 season serving a suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
Bryant has just 234 yards and one score on the year. The up-and-coming wideout has already produced 93 receptions for 1,545 yards and 15 touchdowns over the course of his first 27 career regular-season games atop the National Football League level.
- Billie Lourd honored Carrie Fisher's birthday with the sweetest tribute
- Gold Star Widow: Trump Call 'Made Me Cry Even Worse'
- Neogaf down after owner accused of sexual harassment
- Russian Federation : radio journalist stabbed in neck at her Moscow office
- Mann's Packing recalling certain vegetable products due to Listeria concerns — RECALL ALERT
- Juncker denies disparaging comments about Theresa May
- SC asks Govt to consider regulating playing of national anthem
- Allied forces take Syria's largest oil field from Islamic State
- Mediclinic mulls hostile takeover of United Kingdom associate Spire
- Luiten flies high at Valderrama after albatross