Elsewhere on the new Stranger Things poster, there are also some other relevant winks to the era.
The streaming service posted the poster across its social channels that features its ensemble cast looking on in nervous anticipation. The creature appears to have breached the Upside Down's rift and entered the real world with the likes of Eleven, Mike Wheeler and his Ghostbuster-clad squad, Joy and Will Byers, Sheriff Hopper and last but not least, Steve, armed with his trusty barb-wired baseball bat, all ready to fight back.
In the poster, Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) looks intense as she unleashes her powers on something unseen.
Joyce Byers (Winona Ryder) looks anxious as she holds a drawing of the looming monster, presumably drawn by her son. "Will Byers has been rescued from the Upside Down but a bigger, sinister entity still threatens those who survived".
The promotional poster game for Stranger Things' second season has been as much a showcase of '80s pop culture as the series itself, and even though Stranger Things 2 is scheduled to drop on Netflix in a matter of days, the zeitgeist-y wink session isn't slowing just yet. Vine-covered pumpkins rest in the foreground, potentially in the Upside Down.
Stranger Things 2 hits Netflix this Friday, October 27.
- Centre to begin sustained dialogue in Jammu and Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Mann's Packing recalling certain vegetable products due to Listeria concerns — RECALL ALERT
- Russian Federation : radio journalist stabbed in neck at her Moscow office
- Harry Styles groped on stage
- Schumer Says The Bipartisan Health Care Deal Has The Votes To Pass
- Juncker denies disparaging comments about Theresa May
- Shin Megami Tensei V is confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Renewed Plenary Session Of Catalan Parliament Set For Thursday
- Priscilla Presley is the latest celebrity to leave Scientology
- Olympic Gymnast Shawn Johnson Shares Her Heartbreaking Story of Miscarriage