The US toymaker, which was selling around nine per cent of its total inventory through Toys "R" Us stores said third quarter profit rose three per cent, and revenue was up seven per cent to $1.79bn (£1.4bn).
Market expectations were for fourth quarter revenue growth of about 11%.
Hasbro shares dipped on the news. We continue to work closely with Toys " R " Us as we head into the holiday period.
The company said its revenue for the current quarter will increase 4-7% over last year's $1.63 billion. Net earnings for the third quarter increased 3% to US$265.6mln or US$2.09 per diluted share, compared to US$257.8mln, or US$2.03 per diluted share.
The latest results included a $0.04 per share benefit from the adoption of FASB ASU No. 2016-09, Improvements to Employee Share-Based Payment Accounting.
The fourth-quarter growth estimates translate to revenue of US$1.7 billion to US$1.74 billion, below the average analyst estimate of US$1.82 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Hasbro's Q3 net revenues in the U.S. and Canada segment increased by 7% to US$993.8 million, though operating profit for the segment declined by 5% (US$217.3 million compared to US$228 million in Q3 2016). Analysts on average had expected $1.82 billion.
USA and Canada segment net revenues increased 7 percent from a year ago to $993.8 million, despite negative impact of the Toys " R " Us bankruptcy in the USA and Canada. The company's Emerging Brands division also saw an increase in revenue (up 9% to US$198.4 million) due to Baby Alive and Furreal Friends.
Sales for Hasbro's Franchise Brands grew by 7% to US$827.3 million, driven largely by Nerf, Transformers, My Little Pony and Monopoly.
Partner Brand revenues decreased 2 percent mainly due to declines in certain brands, including YO-KAI WATCH as well as DREAMWORKS' TROLL, and weakness in global region.
- Kelly on O'Reilly: Abuse, shaming of women has to stop
- EC has authorised PM to announce date of Gujarat polls: Chidambaram
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Release Date and FighterZ Pass Announced
- Government launches campaign to stop patients pressuring Global Positioning System for antibiotics
- Amazon accidentally delivers 30kg of cannabis to Florida couple
- Former Marilyn Manson Guitarist Daisy Berkowitz Has Died
- SC asks Govt to consider regulating playing of national anthem
- Aamir Khan wishes 'Superstar' Zaira Wasim on her birthday
- Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant wants trade
- Mueller investigating Tony Podesta and Podesta Group