The US toymaker, which was selling around nine per cent of its total inventory through Toys "R" Us stores said third quarter profit rose three per cent, and revenue was up seven per cent to $1.79bn (£1.4bn).
Market expectations were for fourth quarter revenue growth of about 11%.
Hasbro shares dipped on the news. We continue to work closely with Toys " R " Us as we head into the holiday period.
The company said its revenue for the current quarter will increase 4-7% over last year's $1.63 billion. Net earnings for the third quarter increased 3% to US$265.6mln or US$2.09 per diluted share, compared to US$257.8mln, or US$2.03 per diluted share.
The latest results included a $0.04 per share benefit from the adoption of FASB ASU No. 2016-09, Improvements to Employee Share-Based Payment Accounting.
The fourth-quarter growth estimates translate to revenue of US$1.7 billion to US$1.74 billion, below the average analyst estimate of US$1.82 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Hasbro's Q3 net revenues in the U.S. and Canada segment increased by 7% to US$993.8 million, though operating profit for the segment declined by 5% (US$217.3 million compared to US$228 million in Q3 2016). Analysts on average had expected $1.82 billion.
USA and Canada segment net revenues increased 7 percent from a year ago to $993.8 million, despite negative impact of the Toys " R " Us bankruptcy in the USA and Canada. The company's Emerging Brands division also saw an increase in revenue (up 9% to US$198.4 million) due to Baby Alive and Furreal Friends.
Sales for Hasbro's Franchise Brands grew by 7% to US$827.3 million, driven largely by Nerf, Transformers, My Little Pony and Monopoly.
Partner Brand revenues decreased 2 percent mainly due to declines in certain brands, including YO-KAI WATCH as well as DREAMWORKS' TROLL, and weakness in global region.
- MA boy, 7, mauled by pit bulls, cops say
- Aamir Khan wishes 'Superstar' Zaira Wasim on her birthday
- George Clooney Talks About Wife Amal's Experience With Sexual Harassment
- Netflix releases new poster for Stranger Things season 2
- OnePlus 5T Leaked Renders Appear, Show Rear Fingerprint Sensor
- Animal Crossing Mobile to be Detailed in Upcoming Nintendo Direct
- Russian Federation : radio journalist stabbed in neck at her Moscow office
- Bradenton gas prices closing in on pre-Hurricane Harvey levels
- Velcom starts selling Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
- Gold Star Widow: Trump Call 'Made Me Cry Even Worse'