Prices have declined 38 consecutive days for a total of about 30 cents.
The national average dropped 12 cents per gallon the last four weeks but is still 22.2 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
GasBuddy's daily survey of more than 1,200 gas outlets in ME says price was unchanged from a week ago, averaging $2.42 a gallon. Wholesale gasoline prices in the Great Lakes stand 20 cents per gallon higher than the Gulf Coast, which boasts the lowest wholesale prices.
Lubbock- $2.18/g, down 5.0 cents per gallon from last week's $2.23/g. However, gas prices rose notably in the Great Lakes due to heavy maintenance as inventories there hit their lowest of 2017.
According to GasBuddy, area prices range from $2.54 a gallon in Idaho Falls to $2.64 in Bannock County and $2.46 in Jackson, Wyoming.
The least expensive gas price averages in Florida are in Tampa-St.
Mark Jenkins, a spokesman for AAA and the Auto Club Group, said that the Energy Information Administration (EIA) noted oil supplies dropped 5.7 million barrels and production dropped nearly 1 million barrels which raised oil prices.
"The national average gas price is lower for the sixth straight week, the longest such decline since the summer of 2016", said Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy.
Regular Unleaded Gasoline: Gas prices keep falling in the southeast.
- Gold Star Widow: Trump Call 'Made Me Cry Even Worse'
- A Fresh Look At The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO)
- UN, AU call for peaceful election in Kenya
- Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant wants trade
- Juncker denies disparaging comments about Theresa May
- 'Upset and Hurt': Fallen Soldier's Widow on Trump's Condolence Call
- Olympic Gymnast Shawn Johnson Shares Her Heartbreaking Story of Miscarriage
- Oil prices seesaw as traders focus on Iraq disruptions, United States shale
- China refuses to condemn Myanmar in treatment of Rohingya Muslims
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Release Date and FighterZ Pass Announced