Tom Steyer, a billionaire investor and Democratic donor, has launched a TV ad campaign to impeach President Trump.
In the ad released Friday, Steyer says Trump has edged the country toward nuclear war, obstructed justice at the Federal Bureau of Investigation and threatened to shut down news organizations.
A handful of members of Congress, including Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Sherman Oaks, have tried to push forward articles of impeachment against Trump, but found little traction so far.
It's an effort that plays to California's liberal base as Steyer considers running against U.S. Sen.
Steyer calls the president unsafe and mentally unstable and implores Americans to push their members of Congress to visit the website needtoimpeach.com and sign a petition. Dianne Feinstein, citing - without using her name - Feinstein's comment that Trump "can be a good President". Accompanying the TV ads is what a Steyer aide said is a seven-figure digital ad buy meant to get the minute-long spot a large audience online.
The former hedge-fund manager is funding the impeachment campaign, according to its website. "Yet today, people in Congress and his own administration know this president is a "clear and president danger" who is mentally unstable and armed with nuclear weapons - and they do nothing".
The first TV spot, which makes the case for "impeaching and removing a unsafe president", and implores "elected officials to take a stand on impeachment", was uploaded to YouTube Thursday.
Political analysts believe impeachment is exceedingly unlikely in a Republican-dominated Congress, unless major new revelations come out about Trump.
Steyer has funneled millions of dollars into Democratic candidates and causes. In addition to starting the Need To Impeach campaign, Steyer recently sent a letter to Democrats in Congress demanding that they go on the record supporting the impeachment of Trump.
A spokesman for the Republican National Committee criticized Steyer's effort as one that would be opposed by a majority.
Allegedly, the President of the United States Constitution and threatens lives.
- Journalist Shahzadi recovered from border area
- Sreesanth Can't Play For Any Other Country, Says BCCI
- Q4 2018 EPS Estimates for Encana Corp Lifted by Jefferies Group (ECA)
- Trending: Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool make Champions League history
- Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) (NYSE:GS) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
- Who was Sgt. La David Johnson?
- Three dead, many feared buried in Tanjung Bungah landslide
- Reviewing Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) and Its Rivals
- Garbine Muguruza named WTA Player of the Year
- Bank of America Corporation (NYSE: BAC): Project Future Performance Before Investment