"There was not really a message but the feeling is they are behind the team, they are behind the manager".
The Everton boss continued: "We know it's a tough start to the season but I think it's all about tomorrow first".
Everton manager Ronald Koeman believes he is not in immediate danger of being sacked after holding talks with the club's majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri. A win this evening would see them put four points between themselves and Everton and it would solidify their attempt to get out of the group.
"If we had scored the last two big chances we had at Brighton then the picture is changed for this game".
"Normally you need three wins at home and you pick something out of the away games".
Koeman said: "We want is to do well in them all (competitions)".
"It was because they did not see the new building until last Friday and of course if they are in you have a good lunch and speak about football". James McCarthy made his long-awaited return from injury for Everton Under-23s on Tuesday and may be included in the squad to face Arsenal on Sunday, though Koeman confirmed the Irishman will play no part against Lyon.
Whilst they may be three hard games, it's a ideal chance for the Dutch boss and his squad to test themselves against top-level teams.
But how have the fans been reacting as the Toffees delivered another poor performance?
JonJoe Kenny remains a doubt for the fixture with the Ligue 1 side, after he picked up a knock during global duty with the England Under-21's, but had returned to training on Wednesday.
- Uranus Will be Visible with the Naked Eye Tonight
- Adobe Introduces New Lightroom CC Cloud Photography Service
- Bigg Boss 11, October 18: Shilpa Shinde, Vikas Gupta Friends Again?
- Donald Trump: Who Paid for the Fake Dossier from Fusion GPS?
- What Analysts Expect From this Stock? Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE)
- Carmelo Anthony's Son Told Him He Should Go To Oklahoma City
- Myanmar's military accountable for Rohingya crisis
- Accused cop killer defecates, smears feces on face in courtroom
- Steelers' Mike Mitchell Fined $48k for Hit on Alex Smith
- Feds predict cooler northern USA , warmer south this winter