Conte refused to blame his side's struggles during the dramatic Champions League Group C encounter on injuries.
His remark could be interpreted as a subtle dig at Conte, who spent a large part of his post-match press conference following Chelsea's 3-3 draw with Roma bemoaning the many injuries that have hit his side in recent weeks.
"I think that a lot of times Mourinho has to see what happens at Chelsea - a lot of time, also last season". This is despite Chelsea having the additional demands of European... "In this moment, I can't risk my players, because we are playing always the same players so it's very hard now to risk someone and to lose him for many times".
Since the beginning of the season, he has been goading the Chelsea manager, starting with his disdain for Conte's 3-4-3 formation that won the English Premier League last season.
"I never speak about injuries. It's not about injuries, but trying to get the best out of the team".
The reigning champions did not compete in the Champions League last season, and the added toll of the competition this term has caused Conte's depth to be stretched.
"But on the other hand we lost totally our knowledge and style of football".
Chelsea were "improvising" tactically in the second half of their 3-3 draw with Roma according to head coach Antonio Conte, who admitted that playing David Luiz in midfield did not work. In the first half, we were 2-0 up, but we weren't in control of the game. And unfortunately for the Blues, both Luiz and Bakayoko picked up injuries as well. It's right to take the responsibility for this. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. but you know very well our situation [with injuries].
"I have to thank my players for their efforts, because without that, we would not have managed a point here".
- Consumer Reports' Most and Least Reliable Cars of 2017
- Eminem introducing the Pistons at their new arena in Detroit is flawless
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Given Daily News Sentiment Rating of 0.22
- Michigan State RB LJ Scott arrested, charged with 7th driving infraction
- Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NYSE:OAS) Undervalued by 29.9%
- In WiFi networks has revealed a critical vulnerability to hacking
- Hey men, stop making #MeToo all about you
- Leicester Caretaker Manager Appleton Targets Win Vs Swansea
- Volkswagen to return to Pike's Peak in 2018
- Trump does not support Alexander-Murray healthcare bill: White House