Two Chiefs players were the victims of a couple questionable hits by Steelers safety Mike Mitchell during Sunday's loss. It was really low from the backside. Mitchell, who had been tripped by teammate Anthony Chickillo, hit Smith from behind just as he released a pass in the third quarter, just missing a sack. Mitchell's history of unnecessary violence in a game that already struggles to remove harm from its inherent structure should equal much more than a $50K fine, but at this point, we're glad to at least see something negative taken from Mitchell.
"Certainly when I got fired up I thought (the hit) was pretty late", Smith said during the team's press conference after the game. Smith immediately got up to jaw at Mitchell, and the safety was penalized 15 yards for roughing the passer. Smith was immediately angry about the hit, getting up and yelling at Mitchell.
A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the National Football League has fined Mitchell $48,620 for his hit on Smith during Pittsburgh's matchup with the Chiefs in Week 6, which the Steelers won 19-13.
- Alphabet leads $1 billion Lyft investment
- Adobe Introduces New Lightroom CC Cloud Photography Service
- California's favorite Halloween candy? It's changed!
- Taylor Swift previews sweeping new song 'Gorgeous'
- Melania Trump body double theory goes viral
- Cubs show spark in NLCS
- Bomb-sniffing dog fired from Central Intelligence Agency for refusing to sniff bombs
- Secret Apple Car Spotted In Testing Helped By Lexus?
- Drop-and-cover natural disaster drill being held across Midwest
- PM Narendra Modi greets nation on Diwali