Before leaving the game, Lin had 18 points, 4 assists and made 1 of his 2 three point attempts in 25 minutes.
"He's getting examined. We'll know more [Thursday]", Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said of Lin, who traveled back to NY with the team.
"Jeremy worked tremendously hard during the offseason and in training camp and was excited for the prospects of the team this season", said general manager Sean Marks in a statement. "Jeremy remains an important part of this team and will continue to contribute in a leadership role".
Lin suffered the injury during the fourth quarter after driving to the hoop for a layup. While he only played 36 games, his averages were near the top as he led the team in steals and assists per game and finished second in points per game.
Russell will take on an even greater ball-handling role with Lin on the shelf, while guards Caris LeVert and Spencer Dinwiddie are in line for additional playing time as well. Caris LeVert, in his second year in the National Basketball Association, could get much more time as well.
The injury is expected to sideline him the rest of the season, the Nets said.
Both Russell and Crabbe were acquired in trades this summer.
- 'Chelsea' won't return to Netflix - but Handler has more in the works
- Samsung bringing Linux to Galaxy smartphones
- Ernst: Trump, EPA taking steps in right direction on renewable fuels
- Israel Root Cause of Mideast Crises: Iran's UN Envoy
- Orionid Meteor Shower may be visible tonight
- Iraqi Kurds say open to talks after Baghdad military operation
- BJP's allegations against Robert Vadra to divert attention from Jay Shah: Congress
- WH: 'Appalling and Disgusting' for Congresswoman to Politicize Widow's Talk with Trump
- Polestar unveils their first vehicle as an independent company
- Yuvraj booked for domestic violence