In his capacity as a Sky Sports pundit, Neville said he was disappointed in the Belgian, per Anthony Jepson of the Manchester Evening News.
Under Mourinho, United are now playing the best football they have done since the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson in 2013.
In time, it might be looked back upon as one of the points that wins United the Premier League title, but, with Manchester City in rampant form, having already beaten Liverpool and Chelsea as well as swatting aside most of the minnows, it looks as if Mourinho and his players are going to have to raise their game.
"It was up to Liverpool to unlock the door but they could not deliver", said Redknapp in his column for the Daily Mail. Maybe his Liverpool could never play like that - my Liverpool did and got results on the back of it.
Mourinho is 18 months into a three-year deal, but there is also the option to keep him on for another season, which would take him through to the summer of 2020. "By the end, Klopp was as guilty in settling for a draw". What Saturday's result teaches us, despite Mourinho's successful attempt to reframe the narrative as a stifling job, is that United do not possess the necessary players to counter-attack with speed against top clubs.
Redknapp maintained that it is naive to think that Mourinho would be tempted to play entertaining football in such a top-level match.
"Did anyone seriously expect Jose Mourinho to go to Anfield and open up?"
"Peter is the greatest Premier League goalkeeper but De Gea is second".
"That game (in which he scored in a 2-1 defeat) freed me from everything". He hates those matches.
"United going to Anfield looking for a draw?" Staying unbeaten was the only thing on his agenda.
"With the top six now, there are 30 points up for grabs".
Liverpool next face Spurs away at Wembley in the league, while United face Huddersfield.
- Obama Hosted Kelly at White House After Son Died, Records Show
- Judge Orders Trump Administration to Allow Undocumented Teen to Obtain Abortion
- In Speech, Sen. McCain Decries 'Half-Baked, Spurious Nationalism'
- Iran's military chief vows to cooperate with Syria against 'Zionist enemy' Israel
- Jupp Heynckes warns Bayern Munich over Celtic threat ahead of UCL clash
- EnLink Midstream, LLC (NYSE:ENLC) Pressured Under Trend Lines
- Andrew Luck (shoulder) suffers setback, won't practice for Colts this week
- CM Sindh assures to provide adequate security for PSL matches: Sethi
- Doug Jones, Roy Moore are tied
- Research Report For Harley-Davidson, Inc. (HOG)