The 32-year-old has never missed a season opener, and it's highly unlikely James will miss Kyrie Irving's return to Cleveland.
The scathing letter Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sent to Cleveland fans ripping LeBron James in 2010 was childish and ill-advised, but we haven't really heard anything about it being racist in nature - that is until now.
Nichols said, "You know you're rich, right?" Unfortunately, I felt like, at that point in time, as an organization, we could not bring in enough talent to help us get to what my vision was.
As noted by ESPN, according to Jason Lloyd's book, "The Blueprint: LeBron James, Cleveland's Deliverance, and the Making of the Modern NBA", the atmosphere was so intense when James and the Heat went to Cleveland, the Cavs mascot wore a bulletproof vest. We're deeper. A lot of versatile players.
The Cavaliers are reportedly planning to show a video tribute to Irving during the game.
Irving's three-pointer in the waning moments of game seven in 2016 lifted Cleveland to the city's first championship since 1964.
"We've got the best fans in the world and they're going to do whatever they see best", he said. "So whatever they decide to do, I embrace whatever they do".
- Maine's business climate has improved slightly under LePage, Tax watchdog says
- Jesus Campos, Vegas security guard shot before rampage, appears to have vanished
- BJP cries foul over killing of Punjab RSS leader, questions police working
- Lena Headey: Star alleges Weinstein was 'furious' after she rejected his advances
- Lindsey Graham: Rand Paul has 'bad info' on tax reform plan
- Body of missing Lynnwood boy, 6, found in dumpster; relative arrested
- Gordon Hayward stretchered off court after gruesome leg injury
- Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel hits out at Jose Mourinho's boring tactics
- US Senators Reach Bipartisan Deal On Obamacare
- National School Bus Safety Week Observed in Wichita