Kizer was replaced by Kevin Hogan in the second half of the Browns' loss to the New York Jets and did not play in the defeat to the Houston Texans on Sunday as Hogan made his first National Football League start. However, Kizer's appointment back into the starting lineup looks like it will come sooner than expected after Hogan, who shined in relief of Kizer in Week 5, was abysmal in last Sunday's loss to the Texans, completing only 20 of 37 passes for 140 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions.
"In this league you have to talk less and do more", Kizer said on Wednesday, when asked about his attitude on regaining the starting job. "We need to start doing those".
"I think when you see some of the things that have happened to you in games and you can see it happening with somebody else that hurts your football team, you understand ... the turnovers are putting the team at risk", Jackson said. "No. 2, I think he'll demand more from the guys that play around him because I think he understands that every play matters and every play is a difference between having a chance to win or lose a game".
The Browns are between a rock and a hard place with Hogan dinged up. After playing poorly and suffering a rib injury when he got blown up in the end zone for a safety, Hogan is now third on the quarterback depth chart.
The team announced in a press release that they're turning back to DeShone Kizer. He also tossed three interceptions and took four sacks.
- HP targets creative pros with powerful 2-in-1 mobile workstation
- Dhumal prevails over Nadda as BJP declares candidates for Himachal polls
- Why Did Kim Zolciak-Biermann Wear White to Rapper Gucci Mane's Wedding?
- Why the Rams are a live underdog against the Jaguars
- Trump And Bannon Just Finally Exposed It!
- Erdogan expects United States visa spat to be resolved soon
- Kevin de Bruyne opens up on David Silva row during Napoli clash
- Probe in Robert Vadra worldwide air tickets case hits a dead end
- Sweet Surrender: Michigan man arrested with doughnuts for police
- Case of West Nile Virus confirmed in Upstate, officials say