The four-nation Quadrilateral Coordination Group (QGC), which last met in Islamabad early previous year, has been trying to ease the path to direct talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban, with little success.
According to Tolo News, the quadrilateral meet will hold talks on implementing commitments, especially Pakistan's promises, regarding fighting terrorism. "The meeting is aimed to review Pakistan's commitments on talks (peace) that had been made at previous meetings", said Mustaghni.
Boyle and his American wife Caitlan Coleman were seized by the Taliban while hiking in Afghanistan in 2012, and then turned over to the group's affiliated militant Haqqani network in Pakistan.
"Deputy foreign minister with a delegation and a representative from the High Peace Council went to Oman for the meeting".
A statement from the Indian Ministry of External Affairs said that NSA Ajit Doval paid a visit to Afghanistan at the invitation of his Afghan counterpart Hanif Atmar. Some of the villages are located on both sides of the border.
Both sides emphasised that "bilateral and honest regional cooperation is important for peace, security and stability in the region" and welcomed the opportunities created by the new United States strategy for bringing peace and security in Afghanistan.
An Afghan diplomat in Pakistan on Monday said his government had proposed an "exchange" Taliban commanders who were in custody of Islamabad and Kabul.
In Washington, the talks are being viewed as significant not because they could lead to an immediate truce with the Taliban, but rather because they provide an opportunity to Islamabad and Washington to iron out their differences over a political solution to the Afghan conflict. Some Pakistani officials said they occurred on Afghan territory.
"Government should make it clear when we will see the results of such meetings", Senator Abdul Rahman Achakzai added.
- ICBC shares stats for young drivers, safety tips
- Biometrics and AI Help New Toyota Concept-i Vehicles Understand Your Emotions
- I am 'very proud' of Mohamed Salah - Liverpool's Klopp
- Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston has AC joint sprain
- USA forces kill dozens of Daesh militants in Yemen: Pentagon
- Lufthansa spreads its wings to bid for struggling Italian airline
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and wife Amy are expecting their first child
- Apple iPhone 7 Outsells the Newly Announced iPhone 8
- Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC) Sees The Needle Move on Volume
- Quadrilateral group on Afghanistan meets without Taliban