"The Virgin Islands and the president of the Virgin Islands, these are people that are incredible people, they suffered gravely and we'll be there, we're going to be there, we have really, it is not even a question of a choice".
Trump could not have spoken to the president of the Virgin Islands because the president is Trump himself, since it's a US territory.
While speaking on the natural disasters that have struck the United States in the last few months, Trump accidentally said he met with the president of the Virgins Islands.
Later, the White House released a transcript of Trump's speech with the word "president" crossed out and replaced with "governor".
The Virgin Islands is a USA island territory that was ravaged by Hurricane Maria after first being hit by Hurricane Irma. It appears Trump was referring to Kenneth Mapp, the governor of the Virgin Islands, whom the president met with on October 3.
Trump was addressing a gathering of religious conservatives in Washington, D.C., when he turned to tout the federal response to several USA states and territories hit by hurricanes in recent months. According to NBC, officials have calculated the economic losses to Virgin Islands at more than $2 billion.
Perry then apologized. Earlier in the hearing, he correctly referred to Puerto Rico as a territory. After this mistake, it's safe to assume that Trump will never go off teleprompter again.
- Pranab was most qualified to be PM: Manmohan Singh
- " "BMO Capital Markets Reiterates "$17.00" Price Target for Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO)
- Skowhegan Candlelight Vigil Honors Lives Lost to Domestic Violence
- Consumer Prices Rise for Second Straight Month
- North Korea Is Threatening to Launch Missiles at Guam Again
- Chester Bennington's carpool karaoke released by Linkin Park
- Predicted line-up without Sadio Mane for Premier League game against Manchester United
- Messi lands in Barcelona after heroics for Argentina
- Australia's Adam Zampa describes Guwahati bus attack as 'pretty scary'
- Qualcomm Files Lawsuit Seeking to Ban iPhone Sales and Manufacturing in China