"The Virgin Islands and the president of the Virgin Islands, these are people that are incredible people, they suffered gravely and we'll be there, we're going to be there, we have really, it is not even a question of a choice".
Trump could not have spoken to the president of the Virgin Islands because the president is Trump himself, since it's a US territory.
While speaking on the natural disasters that have struck the United States in the last few months, Trump accidentally said he met with the president of the Virgins Islands.
Later, the White House released a transcript of Trump's speech with the word "president" crossed out and replaced with "governor".
The Virgin Islands is a USA island territory that was ravaged by Hurricane Maria after first being hit by Hurricane Irma. It appears Trump was referring to Kenneth Mapp, the governor of the Virgin Islands, whom the president met with on October 3.
Trump was addressing a gathering of religious conservatives in Washington, D.C., when he turned to tout the federal response to several USA states and territories hit by hurricanes in recent months. According to NBC, officials have calculated the economic losses to Virgin Islands at more than $2 billion.
Perry then apologized. Earlier in the hearing, he correctly referred to Puerto Rico as a territory. After this mistake, it's safe to assume that Trump will never go off teleprompter again.
- Australia's Adam Zampa describes Guwahati bus attack as 'pretty scary'
- 49ers release linebacker NaVorro Bowman, per his request
- Chester Bennington's carpool karaoke released by Linkin Park
- We Are Still Threatened With 'Beetlejuice 2' as New Writer is Hired
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (SIRI) - How much Institutional Stake
- Two instructors and a customer killed in 'horrific' scene at Mission Beach
- Dow, S&P 500 Poised For 5th Straight Weekly Gain; Steel Names Rise
- Predicted line-up without Sadio Mane for Premier League game against Manchester United
- Express Scripts Holding Company (NASDAQ:ESRX) Underpriced by 1.2%
- IGN acquires Humble Bundle