Marshall hopes that Alabamians will recognize those lives who were lost and damaged by domestic violence, celebrate and honor those who have survived, and show support for those who advocate for victims of such a disgusting crime.
Four Broome County organizations that provide domestic violence services received grants from New York State on Thursday morning.
The first allows domestic violence victims to be notified when an Order of Protection has been served.
As leaders in our homes, communities and careers, it is important that we understand the lasting and long term impact that domestic violence, abuse and neglect has on those who have experienced it or are now experiencing it. "At that point we will have a candle lighting vigil for victims of domestic violence, so that's what 'lights up the night'".
The event aims to raise awareness about domestic violence and educate men and boys about preventing sexual assault and violence against women.
"Our advocates will be providing education and information to help our communities overcome the epidemic of domestic violence and become safer for everyone", the release states.
According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, one in three women have been the victims of some form of physical violence by a partner within their lifetime. "Friends and families, local community members, victims' advocates, law enforcement and prosecutors, we all stand with those who need our help to survive and overcome, to see that offenders are stopped and punished, and to remember and honor those who were lost", said Attorney General Marshall. "It impacts how people are able to come to work, how students are able to function at school".
In a 24-hour survey, NNEDV found that US domestic violence programs served almost 65,321 victims and answered more than 23,045 crisis hotline calls in one day alone. Both services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Do these facts frighten you or make you feel a little uneasy?
In-person registration begins at 4 p.m.
Each year in Hawaii, 50,000 women between the ages of 18 and 64 are harmed by domestic violence.
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (SIRI) - How much Institutional Stake
- Pranab was most qualified to be PM: Manmohan Singh
- El Nino caused record Carbon dioxide spike in 2015-16
- Gulf International Bank (uk) Ltd Raises Its Ownership in Starbucks Corporation (SBUX)
- Kenya: Police Alert as Nasa Vows to Defy Matiangi Ban on Demos
- This week's South Park sets up The Fractured But Whole
- " "BMO Capital Markets Reiterates "$17.00" Price Target for Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO)
- Kiwi Hartley on cusp of debut in F1
- AG sues Trump, administration over new birth control policy
- Amazon Is Hiring 120000 Temporary Holiday Workers This Year