LIVERPOOL FORWARD Sadio Mane could be out for up to six weeks with a hamstring injury picked up on worldwide duty with Senegal, BBC Sport reports.
The £30m forward is also set to be sidelined for games against top-four rivals Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur in what represents a real blow to Liverpool's ambitions for the season.
Sadio Mané injured Saturday in Senegal's victory against Cape Verde (2-0).
He has already missed three domestic matches this season after receiving a suspension following his sending off at Manchester City last month.
"On average Liverpool with Mane and without Mane, you can see the difference", he said.
African forward Mane jetted back to Liverpool on Monday to undergo an assessment from the Merseyside outfit's medical staff.
"Last season without him Liverpool fell apart at times".
That time has come again with Mane sidelined and Sturridge will nearly definitely get more opportunities on the pitch if he stays fit, with Klopp looking to balance Premier League commitments with Champions League demands.
Having scored three goals in five appearances so far this season, Liverpool will host Manchester United without one of their star assets.
"Liverpool pretty much rely on Coutinho, Salah and Mane as the goalscorers".
Former Liverpool defender Carragher believes Mane will be a huge miss to Klopp's side.
- North Korea Is Threatening to Launch Missiles at Guam Again
- Bitcoin reaches an all-time high of $5000
- Dow, S&P 500 Poised For 5th Straight Weekly Gain; Steel Names Rise
- Top RSI Trades for Today: Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX)
- NINE INCH NAILS Posts Cover Of JOHN CARPENTER's Halloween Theme
- Two instructors and a customer killed in 'horrific' scene at Mission Beach
- U.S. states to file new suit challenging Trump healthcare subsidy cut
- Australia's Adam Zampa describes Guwahati bus attack as 'pretty scary'
- Quentin Tarantino 'Stunned And Heartbroken' By Accusations Against Longtime Collaborator Harvey Weinstein
- 49ers release linebacker NaVorro Bowman, per his request