LIVERPOOL FORWARD Sadio Mane could be out for up to six weeks with a hamstring injury picked up on worldwide duty with Senegal, BBC Sport reports.
The £30m forward is also set to be sidelined for games against top-four rivals Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur in what represents a real blow to Liverpool's ambitions for the season.
Sadio Mané injured Saturday in Senegal's victory against Cape Verde (2-0).
He has already missed three domestic matches this season after receiving a suspension following his sending off at Manchester City last month.
"On average Liverpool with Mane and without Mane, you can see the difference", he said.
African forward Mane jetted back to Liverpool on Monday to undergo an assessment from the Merseyside outfit's medical staff.
"Last season without him Liverpool fell apart at times".
That time has come again with Mane sidelined and Sturridge will nearly definitely get more opportunities on the pitch if he stays fit, with Klopp looking to balance Premier League commitments with Champions League demands.
Having scored three goals in five appearances so far this season, Liverpool will host Manchester United without one of their star assets.
"Liverpool pretty much rely on Coutinho, Salah and Mane as the goalscorers".
Former Liverpool defender Carragher believes Mane will be a huge miss to Klopp's side.
- Four-Time NBA MVP Likely to Miss Opening Game Against Boston Celtics
- Microsoft hints at better backwards compatibility for Xbox One X
- AG sues Trump, administration over new birth control policy
- Two instructors and a customer killed in 'horrific' scene at Mission Beach
- Quentin Tarantino 'Stunned And Heartbroken' By Accusations Against Longtime Collaborator Harvey Weinstein
- This week's South Park sets up The Fractured But Whole
- Chester Bennington's carpool karaoke released by Linkin Park
- Express Scripts Holding Company (NASDAQ:ESRX) Underpriced by 1.2%
- NINE INCH NAILS Posts Cover Of JOHN CARPENTER's Halloween Theme
- U.S. states to file new suit challenging Trump healthcare subsidy cut