Meanwhile, the United States will also receive an Xbox One S Ultimate Halo Bundle for $279, which comes with download codes for Halo 5 Guardians and Halo: The Master Chief Collection, plus one month of Xbox Game Pass, a 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold, and a 500GB console and wireless controller.
Microsoft hasn't been forthcoming with details on exactly which original Xbox titles will be coming to Xbox One - at the moment we only know about Crimson Skies and Fuzion Frenzy. But as a new interview with Xbox boss Phil Spencer suggests, things aren't looking great.
REUTERS/Lucy NicholsonPhil Spencer, head of Xbox, announces backwards compatibility to play all Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One during game publisher Microsoft's Xbox media briefing before the opening day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
"There's some stuff we're going to talk about in that space in terms of how compatibility's going to work on [Xbox One] X specifically that I think people will find pretty interesting", he said.
The $279 Xbox One S Minecraft Complete Adventure Bundle features a 500GB hard drive with an Xbox Wireless Controller and a full-game download of Minecraft. I think the best signal we had so far is when Black Ops II landed and that month it hit NPD's Top 10 that month for game sales.
Sony has previously said it didn't want to go in for cross-platform gaming with Minecraft because it would need to relinquish some control over how it looks after is online gamer base, and that in a cross-platform environment it couldn't manage any problems that crop up, such as bulling between gamers and exposing young children who play Minecraft to some of the toxic attitudes and behaviours of older gamers. "They should talk about what their view is..." I don't think everybody is taking that same approach to the ecosystem.
Should Sony come out and say why they won't support cross-platform play with Xbox players? "So I don't know what would change". That's a reason they go buy my console. We should help developers, not make their lives more hard.
- Express Scripts Holding Company (NASDAQ:ESRX) Underpriced by 1.2%
- Two instructors and a customer killed in 'horrific' scene at Mission Beach
- Quentin Tarantino 'Stunned And Heartbroken' By Accusations Against Longtime Collaborator Harvey Weinstein
- Australia's Adam Zampa describes Guwahati bus attack as 'pretty scary'
- Top RSI Trades for Today: Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX)
- NINE INCH NAILS Posts Cover Of JOHN CARPENTER's Halloween Theme
- Kenya: Police Alert as Nasa Vows to Defy Matiangi Ban on Demos
- What Recent Ownership Trends Suggest About Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ)'s Future Performance
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (SIRI) - How much Institutional Stake
- Consumer Prices Rise for Second Straight Month