The eight-year veteran earned Associated Press First-Team All-Pro honors four times in his career (2011-13 & 2015), as well as three trips to the Pro Bowl (2013-14 & 2016).
Bowman (6-0, 242) was originally drafted by the 49ers in the third round (91st overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft.
This season, Bowman started each of the team's first five games of the season, where he registered 38 tackles and one pass defensed.
It appears that All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman may not be in the Bay Area much longer, at least in red and gold colors.
General manager John Lynch said he and coach Kyle Shanahan met with Bowman on Thursday night and it became clear that going in different directions was the best move for both sides.
After missing the entire 2014 season due to injury, Bowman returned to action in 2015 and led the National Football League with 154 total tackles, according to gamebook statistics. "We wish him and his family great success". The eight-year veteran suffered an Achilles tear in Week 4 of 2016 that caused him to miss the remainder of the season. Bowman's salary-cap figure next year goes to $12 million, according to the San Jose Mercury News.
Bowman, who has been an every-down player since becoming a full-time starter in 2011, found himself on the sideline during an overtime loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. [Bowman's agent] Drew [Rosenhaus] spoke to me on Monday night and indicated his frustration on behalf of NaVorro and I told him I had talked with Kyle and his staff and that we were convicted. "No one likes coming out of the game, but I'm a team player".
The issue becomes whether Bowman wants to come to Chicago as opposed to going to play with a Super Bowl contender, and the question of his price tag could also play a role.
- What Recent Ownership Trends Suggest About Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ)'s Future Performance
- Dow, S&P 500 Poised For 5th Straight Weekly Gain; Steel Names Rise
- European Union says Brexit negotiations could take longer
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (SIRI) - How much Institutional Stake
- This week's South Park sets up The Fractured But Whole
- RIL Q2 earnings: Jio surprises with operating profit
- U.S. states to file new suit challenging Trump healthcare subsidy cut
- Two instructors and a customer killed in 'horrific' scene at Mission Beach
- Osinbajo Confess to Approving N640 billion JV Financing Contracts For NNPC
- Chester Bennington's carpool karaoke released by Linkin Park