The BJP today took a jibe at Rahul Gandhi over his visits to several temples in poll-bound Gujarat, saying that paying obeisance to gods will not get him votes. "That is why when terrorist like Ishrat Jahan was killed by security forces in Gujarat then Rahul Gandhi came to support her", said Adityanath. "I congratulate Gujarat for giving the country an impressive and competent Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is taking country forward on the path of development".
When asked about the BJP's chances of retaining power in Gujarat, he said, "When a party is in power at Centre and state, the pace of development increases automatically". "The Congress will come back in both the states", he said. "He will be one of our star campaigners in the elections", a BJP senior leader said.
Several other Congress state units like Maharashtra, Goa, Delhi etc, have also passed similar resolutions seeking elevation of Rahul as party chief. "Things (under Rahul Gandhi as Congress president) will change radically; he will give a new face".
The recent criticism that the party has faced due to the failure of Modi's experiments of demonetisation and GST has sunk in the realisation that Modi's face will not be enough to win the polls. During Congress rule, the per capita income of the state was Rs 14,000, which has now gone up to Rs 100,000, this is the result of the foresight of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he added.
"We are not bothered about it". These people are the agents of destruction and they have insultedMahayma Gandhi, BJP's aim is to free Congress from Gujarat.
Moily had hinted in September that Rahul Gandhi may assume charge as party president this month. Now, he (Rahul) is waiting for the organisational elections.
Rahul also targeted the BJP government in the state for "failing to provide employment to the youth" and neglecting development in many parts of the state.
- Can President Trump really revoke broadcast licenses?
- Supreme Court says human rights of Rohingya refugees can not be ignored
- WD is developing 40TB hard drives powered by microwaves
- Bank of America's third-quarter profit rises 13 percent
- New Orleans police officer shot and killed, suspect also shot
- Jane Fonda Admits She Knew About Harvey Weinstein A Year Ago
- BMW, Great Wall Motor Eye Possible Electric Vehicle Joint Venture In China
- Huawei Honor 6C Pro officially launches in Russian Federation
- Main force of Turkish troops enter Syria's Idlib
- Fans apply for 3.5million 2018 World Cup tickets