According to the producer, Eurobanon's Isla Bonita, the diet stone fruit - remember avocado is technically a fruit - has a mild flavor and a juicier and lighter pulp, making it ideal for blended drinks, cocktails, and cold soups.
Created by Spanish food company Isla Bonita, these diet avocados claim to ripen quicker, turn brown slower AND contain only 70% of the fat of a normal avocado.
It reportedly tastes the same as an ordinary avocado, but has 30 percent less fat than the avocados in a typical supermarket.
A representative for the company behind it told industry magazine Fruitnet the light version could mark the "second big jump in the development of the avocado market". "Studies have found that people who consume avocados as part of a balanced healthy diet have smaller waist circumference and are less likely to overeat and are more successful in losing weight and maintaining lost weight". The different climates produce different types of avocados.
The new light avocado isn't available yet in the United States to taste for ourselves.
You never know though, trends catch on quickly and we could shortly be seeing diet avocados in the local corner shop. Note: This does not mean that regular avocados are unhealthy.
Avocados are proven to be quite the superfood too, providing nutritious heart-healthy fats, about half your day's fiber, folate, vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium.
"That being said", he continued, "if this new product has all of the same nutrient attributes - without any suspect add-ons needed to reduce some of the fat - perhaps this will be a new way, for those looking to lose a few pounds, to enjoy avocado on the menu.in smoothies, on salads, and of course, hello guacamole!".
"So now, avocado can also be drunk".
- Jason Aldean to Evildoers 'F*** You!!!'
- GM threatens wind down of striking SUV plant
- El Nino caused record Carbon dioxide spike in 2015-16
- Analyst Ratings Buzz: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- France and Qatar get to final of UNESCO chief vote
- Town Centre Securities Plc (TOWN) Rating Reiterated by Liberum Capital
- Stock Concentration on Go Ucits ETF Solutions Plc (CRGH.L) Shares
- India's top court protects child brides
- Shahid Trolled For Posting Bare Chest Picture From Padmavati
- NCAA: No Academic Violations at UNC