Back in 2016, McGowan wrote on Twitter that she was raped by an unnamed Hollywood studio head.
In case you missed it, a recent New York Times report listed actress Rose McGowan as one of eight women who've come to private settlements with film producer Harvey Weinstein after accusing him of sexual harassment.
McGowan, who is perhaps best known for her role in the television show Charmed, received a $10,000 settlement from Weinstein over a 1997 incident at a hotel room, the Times reported.
News of the suspension caused a storm of protest on Twitter overnight. She was suspended from sending tweets, retweets and liking messages, though her account remained visible to users.
As for which "Twitter rules" McGowan broke?
It then states the countdown will begin once she deletes the tweets that violated the rules - however it is unclear which tweet violated the rules.
"In several tweets posted Thursday morning, the website explained that McGowan's account was temporarily banned from the website after she shared a private phone number in a tweet". "Over and Over I said it". In other tweets McGowan listed the names of the Weinstein Company board, demanding their resignation. "BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY", she wrote on Insta. "We will be clearer about these policies and decisions in the future", the company said.
Weinstein was sacked from The Weinstein Company, the firm he co-founded, on Sunday (08Oct17) following the flurry of sex assault allegations made against him in the original Times article.
It is claimed she signed a non-disclosure agreement after filing the lawsuit after allegedly being paid $100,000 by Weinstein. Isa Hackett, an executive producer of the Amazon series "The Man in the High Castle", told The Hollywood Reporter that Price repeatedly made unwanted sexual advances toward her two years ago. "When I heard a Weinstein bailout was in the works I forcefully begged studio head to do the right thing". We have contacted the actress and will update this story if she or her team responds.
- Monarch Capital Management Inc. Decreases Holdings in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
- Tesla Recalls 11000 Model X SUVs On Possible Seat Issue
- Crude Oil Prices Gain In Asia As China Trade Data Supports
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) showed P/E ratio
- John Flint named as HSBC's new chief executive, succeeding Stuart Gulliver
- USA climber kills himself after avalanche kills girlfriend
- Elderly woman feared killed by crocodile in Australia
- Roger Goodell's Wife Uses Secret Twitter Account to Defend Her Husband
- Stranger Things Season 2 Promo Hints At Eleven's Origin
- Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" at Vetr Inc