"Since the early days of the campaign, President Trump allied himself with values voters, promising to put an end to the eight years of relentless assault on the First Amendment".
President Trump erroneously told attendees of the 2017 Value Voters summit that "we are getting near that lovely Christmas season" before galloping into a full war-on-Christmas rant Friday, which happens to also be October 13. He last spoke there in 2015 as a Republican candidate for president.
Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, heralded that decision, arguing that it showed Trump is committed to "undoing the anti-faith policies of the previous administration and restoring true religious freedom". "Just remember that", Trump said in his Washington address.
"We want to really point out that Little Sisters of the Poor and people of faith live by a handsome calling and we will not let bureaucrats take away that calling or those rights", Trump said Friday.
"Tor too long politicians have tried to centralize authority among the hands of a small few in our nation's capital", he said.
"We're getting near that attractive Christmas season that people don't talk about any more, they don't use the word Christmas because it is not politically correct", Trump said. "Bureaucrats think they can run your lives and tell you how to live and what to say-but we know parents, not bureaucrats, know how to raise their children and create a thriving society". He pledged to make sure department store employees say "Merry Christmas".
Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon and former White House aide Sebastian Gorka will also be speaking during the summit Friday.
Actor Kevin Sorbo, retired Lt. Col. Oliver North, radio host Bill Bennett, author Laura Ingraham, and former Rep. Michelle Bachmann are also scheduled to speak.
- Why Masahiro Tanaka is the most important Yankee in the ALCS
- Gambit movie has a new release date
- Alfresco V8 - Aston Martin DB11 Volante revealed
- U.S. and Korea navies to conduct joint maritime counter special operations exercise
- Shahid Trolled For Posting Bare Chest Picture From Padmavati
- Trump on Hannity: NFL Should've Suspended Kaepernick to Stop Protests During Anthem
- Huawei Honor 6C Pro officially launches in Russian Federation
- Economy Watch: Retail Sales Enjoys Strong September
- Mobile puts a cap on high-speed data roaming in Canada, Mexico
- Irate Pochettino snaps back at Guardiola over his 'Harry Kane team' comment