He was sacked only 15 times in all of 2016 (over a 12-game regular-season, having been suspended for the first four games), and has been hit a total of 32 times in the first five games of this season, including 16 sacks. Last season, when he was No. 4 on depth chart, the closest he came to that total was when he played 42 snaps against the 49ers on November 20.
We've listed protecting Brady as a goal pretty much every week this season, and at some point, the Patriots have to actually do it.
Brady (left shoulder) and Gronkowski (thigh) were limited participants in Thursday's practice session, as were running back Rex Burkhead (ribs), cornerback Stephon Gilmore (ankle), linebacker Dont'a Hightower (knee), linebacker Elandon Roberts (ankle), special teamer Matthew Slater (hamstring). Brady was hit six times and sacked three times in the game. "I'll be there Sunday". Even then I would expect him to finish the game.
It might be a good idea to stash Patriots backup Jimmy Garoppolo if you have any type of roster room, however, as old man Brady is "due" to miss a game or two one of these days.
Brady's been a hit a ton this season. Brady has never been sacked on more than 6% of his dropbacks in any season, and he's only been sacked on 4.9% of his dropbacks over his 18-year National Football League career.
Brady has had trouble with his left shoulder several times over his 18-year career, but he has never missed a game because of it.
"This guy's like Father Time", defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers said.
The Patriots have displayed a middling and relatively inconsistent ground attack so far this season.
"I'm good. Not anxious about it".
Brady says he'll be on the field Sunday to play the New York Jets in a fight for first place in the AFC East.
The Jets defense looks to hit Tom Brady the way they did with Jaguars QB Blake Bortles.
- Stranger Things Season 2 Promo Hints At Eleven's Origin
- Crude Oil Prices Gain In Asia As China Trade Data Supports
- Monarch Capital Management Inc. Decreases Holdings in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
- Delhi: AAP hits streets, launches Metro Kiraya Satyagraha against fare hike
- Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" at Vetr Inc
- Stock in Action: Honeywell International Inc. (HON)
- House Is Expected to Pass Disaster Relief, Puerto Rico Credit Bill
- Sabarimala temple case: Supreme Court refers matter to Constitution bench
- Alphabet Inc (GOOGL) Analysts See $8.43 EPS
- Pakistan Court Delays Ex-PM Sharif's Indictment After Clash