The Sangh will discuss the state of the economy and issues like exodus of Rohingyas from Myanmar and violence by cow vigilantes at the three-day meeting which began on Thursday.
On his two-day visit to poll-bound Gujarat, Rahul Gandhi drew huge flak for making statement against women in RSS. He said that the men in RSS shakha met at 6 in the morning and did vigorous exercise, both of which were not possible for the women. Why aren't women allowed in RSS?
"Recently, we looked at how Muslim women can play a role in convincing the people of Kashmir about the futility of violence", the Economic Times (ET) quoted a senior member of the RSS's women's wing Rashtra Sevika Samiti as saying in its report on why the RSS "does not have women in its shakhas". By mentioning shorts, Rahul meant that since the uniform of the RSS was khaki shorts and everyone in the shakha wore that only, he could not see any women in the khaki uniform in RSS. I have never seen any. You see women in the Congress all the time. "God knows what mistakes women have committed that they can not be a part of RSS", Mr Gandhi said. If you want to see women players, you have to go to a women's hockey match, Mr Vaidya, the RSS publicity department in-charge, responded.
"I don't know whether Rahul has asked the question showing concern for the Sangh or women", Manmohan Vaidya said as reported by moneycontrol.com.
A senior Sevika also in her statement to the press said that they work mostly with the small and middle-class family women, who also have to attend to the household work and it is unfair to ask them to give up their household duties and work for the Sangh.
Trying to do that is like to trying to hold a competition between two sides, one playing cricket and the other side, hockey.
- Bioware Director Mike Laidlaw Leaves Company After 14 Years
- Main force of Turkish troops enter Syria's Idlib
- Bixby 2.0 to Be Announced Next Week at Samsung's Developer Conference
- Supreme Court says human rights of Rohingya refugees can not be ignored
- Pakistan 'frees' Taliban hostage family
- Rafael Nadal marches into Shanghai Masters quarters
- Nubia Z17S, Nubia Z17 miniS With Four Cameras Launched: Price, Specifications
- Oppo F3 Lite smartphone launched: Price, specs and more
- Uber files appeal against Transport for London
- Devils burn the Leafs 6-3 in Toronto