This is the second time Tesla has issued a recall for its Model X SUVs due to problems with the seats' latch.
Tesla announced early this month that it missed its production target for the Model 3 sedan, the first mid-priced electric vehicle for the mass market in its lineup.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk demonstrates the falcon wing doors on the new Tesla Model X Crossover SUV during a launch event on September 29, 2015 in Fremont, California.Justin Sullivan/Getty ImagesTesla just issued a voluntary recall for 11,000 Model X SUVs because the seats could fail in the event of a crash. SUVs with single-post seats are not affected. To its credit, the problem was discovered internally before any reports surfaced.
Tesla said it noticed the issue during recent internal testing. Improperly adjusted cables could cause the seat back on the driver-side second-row seat to move forward during a crash, which increases the chance of injury. This can prevent the left seat from locking in an upright position and allow the seat to slide forward during a crash.
If you own a Model X covered in the recall, you can either take your auto to a dealer or use Tesla's mobile fix unit.
There's likely to be little overlap with Model Xs that were recalled in April over a sticky parking brake. We can address 100% of these repairs via mobile service, and you will have the choice to do that or to bring in your auto to a Service Center. The issue at hand only affects Model X vehicles with second-row fold-flat seats with build dates between October 28, 2016, and August 16, 2017.
Thank you for being a Tesla customer and we apologize for this inconvenience.
- Gal Gadot In Talks For Justin Kurzel's Ruin
- AT&T Estimates 300K DirecTV Now Adds for Q3
- USA climber kills himself after avalanche kills girlfriend
- Epic Sues Two Fortnite Cheaters
- Apple is Still Struggling With iPhone X Production
- Amazon Exec Suspended Amid Sexual Harassment Claim
- Man attacked during Charlottesville rally turns himself in
- President Trump Taps Kirstjen Nielsen for DHS Secretary
- Jason Momoa has apologized for his joke about raping women
- Man of the hour Thomas eyes 'threepeat' in Malaysia