"Tactically, he's one of the best I've worked with". The north London club have not won the title in 13 years, with their last triumph coming as early as in 2003/04 when they went an entire season undefeated. We were 33/1 rank outsiders to win the league that year, ' said Merson.
"Harry came in at half-time and took three men off, put three at the back, five in midfield with three rolling attackers and we won 3-2".
Redknapp's most notable piece of silverware in a long and respected career in English football is the 2008 FA Cup triumph with Portsmouth.
If Arsene Wenger had Harry Redknapp's tactical nous then Arsenal would win the Premier League, according to Paul Merson.
Redknapp was sacked by Birmingham City last month as the team struggled at the wrong end of the Championship table.
He left Highbury for Middlesbrough in 1997 and also had spells with Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Walsall, going on to manage the Saddlers between 2004 and 2006 before taking up a role as a media pundit for Sky Sports.
Wenger must have caught wind of Merson's comments as he subsequently mocked the former Arsenal midfielder in his press conference, as reported by the Mirror.
"If I really cared, do you think I would have survived for 18 years?"
- Crude Oil Prices Gain In Asia As China Trade Data Supports
- Jason Momoa has apologized for his joke about raping women
- USA climber kills himself after avalanche kills girlfriend
- Amazon Exec Suspended Amid Sexual Harassment Claim
- Alphabet Inc (GOOGL) Analysts See $8.43 EPS
- Germany U-17 Coach Christian Wuck: " Iran Is mentally, physically strong"
- Roger Goodell's Wife Uses Secret Twitter Account to Defend Her Husband
- Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon trailer unleashes new Z-Moves
- Northern Trust Corp Raises Holdings in Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK)
- Stranger Things Season 2 Promo Hints At Eleven's Origin