"Tactically, he's one of the best I've worked with". The north London club have not won the title in 13 years, with their last triumph coming as early as in 2003/04 when they went an entire season undefeated. We were 33/1 rank outsiders to win the league that year, ' said Merson.
"Harry came in at half-time and took three men off, put three at the back, five in midfield with three rolling attackers and we won 3-2".
Redknapp's most notable piece of silverware in a long and respected career in English football is the 2008 FA Cup triumph with Portsmouth.
If Arsene Wenger had Harry Redknapp's tactical nous then Arsenal would win the Premier League, according to Paul Merson.
Redknapp was sacked by Birmingham City last month as the team struggled at the wrong end of the Championship table.
He left Highbury for Middlesbrough in 1997 and also had spells with Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Walsall, going on to manage the Saddlers between 2004 and 2006 before taking up a role as a media pundit for Sky Sports.
Wenger must have caught wind of Merson's comments as he subsequently mocked the former Arsenal midfielder in his press conference, as reported by the Mirror.
"If I really cared, do you think I would have survived for 18 years?"
- Stranger Things Season 2 Promo Hints At Eleven's Origin
- Delhi: AAP hits streets, launches Metro Kiraya Satyagraha against fare hike
- Monarch Capital Management Inc. Decreases Holdings in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
- Samsung predicts another record-high quarterly profit
- Royal Mail Secures Court Injunction Over Strike Action
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) showed P/E ratio
- Jason Momoa has apologized for his joke about raping women
- Crude Oil Prices Gain In Asia As China Trade Data Supports
- Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOX) Updated Broker Ratings
- Jordan: Super teams hurt the NBA