Her ex-husband, who wanted his son vaccinated, went to the judge after Bredow would not vaccinate the boy.
Rebecca Bredow was last week sentenced for contempt of court almost a year after an Oakland County judge ordered her to have her nine-year-old son vaccinated.
After Bredow said that she and her ex-husband agreed until recently on not vaccinating their child, the judge said that Bredow acknowledged in her own pleadings that he was up-to-date on his vaccinations when he was a year old. "It's been a rough few days to say the least".
"Except for the fact that I just found out that he was vaccinated and I'm not going to get him back today, to top if off".
Rebecca Bredow, the MI anti-vax mother who was jailed because she refused to let her son receive vaccinations, was not happy to learn that her son received four immunizations this week.
Oakland County Judge Karen McDonald said even though Bredow was the primary caregiver, "dad gets a say". She said she will do that.
Rebecca Bredow, 40, objects to vaccinations on religious grounds - which is allowed by most USA states - but last year signed a legal agreement with her ex-husband to get their nine-year-old son up to date with his immunisations, reports CBS.
"I understand you love your children, but what I don't think you understand is your son has two parents, and dad gets a say", McDonald said. While she was in jail, Horne was granted temporary custody of their son, and the boy received four immunizations Monday.
"She's devastated", Bredow's attorney, Steven Vitale, said. "I feel like my rights as a parent have been taken away", she added.
- Court dismisses Zuma corruption charges appeal
- Natural disaster recorded near North Korea's nuclear test site
- Robert Pattinson split from FKA Twigs?
- Danny Ainge Thinks Isaiah Thomas 'Doesn't Know How Much I Love' Him
- Main force of Turkish troops enter Syria's Idlib
- UAE to Stop Issuing Visas to North Koreans
- EA rebuffs 'pay to win' loot criticism of 'SW Battlefront 2'
- Local scouting community reacts to Boy Scouts changes
- Stock in Action: Honeywell International Inc. (HON)
- Liverpool and Arsenal's Christmas Eve clash set for 12.30 kickoff?