Should either of the matches go ahead and be played a day later, it would signal the first time a top flight fixture has bene played on Christmas Eve in 22 years. Any game played on Christmas Eve is now expected to be scheduled for a 12pm or 2pm kickoff.
When asked about playing on Christmas Eve, Wenger said: "I know that we have to adapt to the schedule dictating by TV".
"Personally I would prefer to be at my home and celebrate Christmas, but I still feel that could happen if we played early on [Christmas Eve]", the Frenchman added. You wouldn't want to sacrifice your evening with your family.
While supporters are in favour of their team being broadcast on television more, there is concern about the Premier League's lack of consideration for travelling supporters when scheduling games. "People want to watch football during the Christmas period".
In a statement, Premier League executive chairman Richard Scudamore said: 'The loyal and passionate support of attending fans is hugely appreciated by clubs, their managers and players, and the Premier League.
Scudamore was at a meeting with the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF) in London this week and despite the details being kept secret, the Premier League are thought to be keen to not show live 3pm matches.
"At today's PL/FSF Fans Group meeting Richard Scudamore commits to no 4pm KO or later on Christmas Eve".
"December PL TV picks will be announced 19 Oct but Xmas Eve games & beyond take another week to confirm".
'This research shows the excellent value clubs are offering across the league and the impressive commitment of their fans.
"R Scudamore commits to no PL TV KOs on Sunday mornings/nights". Other fixtures have also been considered for a December 24 broadcast, including ManU's trip to Leicester City and Chelsea's game at Everton. "Multiple TV KOs at same time".
- Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" at Vetr Inc
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) showed P/E ratio
- Stock in Action: Honeywell International Inc. (HON)
- Trader's Watch List: Wells Fargo & Company
- Samsung predicts another record-high quarterly profit
- Redknapp>Wenger? Would Harry lead Arsenal to glory?
- Search for missing Richardson girl enters sixth day
- Alphabet Inc (GOOGL) Analysts See $8.43 EPS
- House Is Expected to Pass Disaster Relief, Puerto Rico Credit Bill
- Elderly woman feared killed by crocodile in Australia