The actor and his fellow "Game of Thrones" co-stars were speaking on a panel at Comic-Con when he made the comment.
The video, taken from a San Diego Comic Con panel in 2011, shows Momoa joking that he loved his role as Khal Drogo on the HBO series because he got to "rape lovely women".
"But, as far as sci-fi and fantasy, I love that there's so many things you can do, like rip someone's tongue out of their throat and get away with it", Mamoa said, "and rape handsome women".
In case you haven't seen it, footage went viral recently of a Game Of Thrones panel at San Diego Comic-Con in which the actor joked about getting to "rape lovely women" on-screen. "I don't like women crying when I'm making love to them".
The clip of the Justice League actor resurfaced after a number of recent discussions of sexual harassment by men in Hollywood.
Others defended the clip, saying it was old and it was referring to his character in the show.
Emilia Clarke (plays Daenerys Targaryen), Kit Harington (Jon Snow) and Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) were seen holding their heads in their hands.
"Sexual assault wasn't something that had affected me or anybody I knew, so I was pretty blasé about the whole thing", she told the Sunday Times. Discussing the film in a 2014 interview with Entertainment Weekly he said, "The biggest thing is that I'm a father, and a husband, and a son, and a grandson".
Momoa - who also plays Aquaman in the DC Extended Universe - has not yet responded to the controversy.
- Gal Gadot In Talks For Justin Kurzel's Ruin
- Employees hurt, fires set in attempted escape at North Carolina prison
- Amazon Exec Suspended Amid Sexual Harassment Claim
- Man of the hour Thomas eyes 'threepeat' in Malaysia
- Yellowstone's supervolcano may erupt sooner than expected
- John Flint named as HSBC's new chief executive, succeeding Stuart Gulliver
- UFC Winnipeg Headlined by Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Gunman opens fire in market in Trelleborg, Sweden
- AT&T Estimates 300K DirecTV Now Adds for Q3
- Houston Astros vs. New York Yankees ALCS Game 1