The actor and his fellow "Game of Thrones" co-stars were speaking on a panel at Comic-Con when he made the comment.
The video, taken from a San Diego Comic Con panel in 2011, shows Momoa joking that he loved his role as Khal Drogo on the HBO series because he got to "rape lovely women".
"But, as far as sci-fi and fantasy, I love that there's so many things you can do, like rip someone's tongue out of their throat and get away with it", Mamoa said, "and rape handsome women".
In case you haven't seen it, footage went viral recently of a Game Of Thrones panel at San Diego Comic-Con in which the actor joked about getting to "rape lovely women" on-screen. "I don't like women crying when I'm making love to them".
The clip of the Justice League actor resurfaced after a number of recent discussions of sexual harassment by men in Hollywood.
Others defended the clip, saying it was old and it was referring to his character in the show.
Emilia Clarke (plays Daenerys Targaryen), Kit Harington (Jon Snow) and Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) were seen holding their heads in their hands.
"Sexual assault wasn't something that had affected me or anybody I knew, so I was pretty blasé about the whole thing", she told the Sunday Times. Discussing the film in a 2014 interview with Entertainment Weekly he said, "The biggest thing is that I'm a father, and a husband, and a son, and a grandson".
Momoa - who also plays Aquaman in the DC Extended Universe - has not yet responded to the controversy.
- Epic Sues Two Fortnite Cheaters
- Tesla Recalls 11000 Model X SUVs On Possible Seat Issue
- Gunman opens fire in market in Trelleborg, Sweden
- Man attacked during Charlottesville rally turns himself in
- Royal Mail Secures Court Injunction Over Strike Action
- AT&T Estimates 300K DirecTV Now Adds for Q3
- Ezekiel Elliott's 6-Game NFL Suspension Reinstated by Court
- Ethics panel: 'Substantial reason to believe' Collins broke federal law
- Man of the hour Thomas eyes 'threepeat' in Malaysia
- Gal Gadot In Talks For Justin Kurzel's Ruin