"You guys are going to help us get through this as much as we are gonna help you guys", Jason Aldean told a Tulsa, Oklahoma audience at his first concert after the deadly Las Vegas mass shooting that occurred during his set at the Route 91 Harvest Festival, killing 58 and injuring 500.
He went on to note the outpouring of support and care that come from across the USA for those affected by the shooting.
Fans of Aldean filled Tulsa's BOK Center to show their support for the singer and the victims.
The singer was onstage October 1 when a gunman sprayed bullets into the crowd at the outdoor Route 91 Harvest festival, killing 58 people and leaving almost 500 injured.
"Every day that goes by we think about the 58 that lost their lives, I don't really count that a**hole that was doing the shooting", he said. "I think the one thing that's probably going to help us more than anything is playing for you tonight".
Tonight in Tulsa, Oklahoma #Jason Aldean put on his first show since the attack in #Las Vegas at Route 91 Harvest. "We don't really care what you try to say, what you try to do to us".
During his show Thursday night, he reached out to those hurt by the tragedy and called for national unity. Aldean also sold shirts with the words "We Won't Back Down", with all proceeds going to the Las Vegas Victims' Fund.
"These people are gonna continue to try and hold us down and continue to try to do things to us that are gonna make us live in fear and be scared and not go out and do what it is we wanna do", he said, adding, "F-k you".
- Are The Charts Bullish Or Bearish on Juniper Networks (JNPR) Shares?
- Yogi Adityanath to take the fight to Rahul Gandhi in Gujarat
- Samsung Galaxy S9 May Feature Front Camera With 3D Sensor
- Trump on Hannity: NFL Should've Suspended Kaepernick to Stop Protests During Anthem
- Bank of America's third-quarter profit rises 13 percent
- You Can Now Order Food Using the Facebook App
- Irate Pochettino snaps back at Guardiola over his 'Harry Kane team' comment
- Sony developing Settlers of Catan film franchise
- Can President Trump really revoke broadcast licenses?
- Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (HAWK) Cut to Market Perform at UBS AG