Sallie Hofmeister, a spokesperson for Weinstein, responded in a statement that all "allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein".
Praising the fearless women who have come out to speak out about the allegations, Fonda admits: 'I'm glad it's coming out, I'm so proud of those fellow actors that are speaking up.
Fonda "found out about Harvey about a year ago" from her friend and fellow actress Rosanna Arquette.
Fonda, 79, said she only met Weinstein once but didn't have a negative experience with him. "He made things very hard for me for years", she told the New Yorker. Arquette has since spoken about the alleged incident in interviews with The New Yorker and The New York Times Back in the early 90s, Arquette said, she was supposed to meet Weinstein for dinner at the Beverly Hills Hotel to pick up a script for an upcoming film. "I guess it hadn't happened to me, and I didn't feel it was my place".
Fonda told Amanpour that Weinstein's pattern of abuse is not an isolated phenomenon.
Fonda said the director had propositioned her ahead of a role, claiming: "he had to find out what kind of orgasms she had".
Fonda, an Academy Award victor, spoke to Amanpour about her own past experiences with sexual harassment and abuse. "It's this male entitlement- in Hollywood and everywhere, in offices and businesses all over the world; in bars, in restaurants, in stores, women are assaulted, abused, harassed and seen for just being sexual objects, there for a man's desire instead of as whole human beings". "I should've been braver and I think that from now on I will be when I hear such stories", Fonda told a live audience, including several members of Britain's parliament, gathered for the interview. "You have to understand that you have control over your body. if we all talked and told, they'd be too afraid to do it".
- Experiencing 'Vegas Strong' At The Inaugural Golden Knights Game
- Fans apply for 3.5million 2018 World Cup tickets
- Huawei Honor 6C Pro officially launches in Russian Federation
- WD is developing 40TB hard drives powered by microwaves
- Rishard Matthews tweets he's done if NFL makes national anthem rule
- Can President Trump really revoke broadcast licenses?
- Mum jailed for refusing to get son vaccinated
- This is Why Women are Missing From RSS Shakhas
- Bioware Director Mike Laidlaw Leaves Company After 14 Years
- New Orleans police officer shot and killed, suspect also shot