Kane, who also scored the winning goals for England against Slovenia and Lithuania during the worldwide break, has been named the Premier League's Player of the Month for September and will be hoping to add to his tally when Spurs take on Bournemouth at Wembley this weekend.
"That is my opinion like I respect his opinion, but I don't think it will make the players more motivated or less motivated".
"I think it's a sad comment because the players laugh about that". In my case personally I didn't take it in a bad way.
"It wasn't disrespectful to myself".
The Argentinian, a former manager at Espanyol, believes that his counterpart may have struggled to contain his emotions following the narrow victory over Antonio Conte's defending Premier League champions and explained that he had never spoken in such terms about the importance of Barcelona player Lionel Messi.
Guardiola's comment following his side's 1-0 win against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge brought smiles from those present, but Pochettino was not amused by the tag that he views as disrespectful to his players.
"It's hard to understand because he was part of the big success at Barcelona with Messi at his best, and I never said it was "the Messi team".
At Mauricio Pochettino's Friday press conference, the Tottenham manager had some choice words for Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola. "He was part of the big success at Barcelona when Messi was at his best and I never say it was a Messi team".
When asked if Guardiola's comments would fuel the team for the rest of the season, Pochettino didn't believe so.
"It's a sad comment". I'm sure I will reply.
- Can President Trump really revoke broadcast licenses?
- Oppo F3 Lite smartphone launched: Price, specs and more
- Uber files appeal against Transport for London
- Bixby 2.0 to Be Announced Next Week at Samsung's Developer Conference
- Pakistan 'frees' Taliban hostage family
- UAE to Stop Issuing Visas to North Koreans
- Danny Ainge Thinks Isaiah Thomas 'Doesn't Know How Much I Love' Him
- WD is developing 40TB hard drives powered by microwaves
- Are The Charts Bullish Or Bearish on Juniper Networks (JNPR) Shares?
- Jane Fonda Admits She Knew About Harvey Weinstein A Year Ago