Of all the characters in the X-Men canon, none has been so beloved for so long a time and so underserved since the '90s cartoon as Gambit, the Cajun charmer who can charge any inanimate object with energy and throw it, creating a small but powerful explosive.
The actor's long, long-gestating Gambit movie is finally, actually, really happening now, with Fox confirming a release date of February 14, 2019 for the X-Men spin-off movie.
Gambit will be part of the X-Men Cinematic Universe and is expected to narrate the story of Remy LeBeau who lives in New Orleans, Louisiana as a key member of the venerable Thieves' Guild.
Although he did not appear in the first three X-Men films, Gambit appeared on screen in the 2009 film X-Men Origins: Wolverine, where he was portrayed by actor Taylor Kitsch.
Alternatively, it could just be that they're attempting to ape the success of fellow X-Men breakout movie Deadpool, which released on the same date previous year to massive box office numbers.
Gambit has a February 14, 2019 release date, which is the same release date the Deadpool movie had past year and was a huge success.
- Mobile puts a cap on high-speed data roaming in Canada, Mexico
- No Question of Corruption in Jay's Company: Amit Shah
- Why Masahiro Tanaka is the most important Yankee in the ALCS
- Fans apply for 3.5million 2018 World Cup tickets
- Tianjin Open: Maria Sharapova beats Stefanie Voegele to reach semi-final
- U.S. and Korea navies to conduct joint maritime counter special operations exercise
- Jane Fonda Admits She Knew About Harvey Weinstein A Year Ago
- Can President Trump really revoke broadcast licenses?
- You Can Now Order Food Using the Facebook App
- Trump on Hannity: NFL Should've Suspended Kaepernick to Stop Protests During Anthem