This is a team that has played in three straight NBA Finals, has this generation's best player in LeBron James, a three-time NBA champion and Finals MVP in Dwyane Wade, a former NBA MVP in Derrick Rose, one the league's leading scorers a year ago in Isaiah Thomas, one of the top five stretch forwards in Kevin Love and one of it's deadliest shooters in J.R. Smith and they are considered by many an after thought.
He aggravated his ankle Tuesday night against Chicago as the Cavs unveiled a new starting lineup featuring James, Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, Jae Crowder and Kevin Love.
The 2017-18 National Basketball Association season kicks off on Tuesday, Oct. 17, with opening night matches pitting defending champions Golden State Warriors against Houston Rockets, besides an Eastern Conference finals rematch between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics. Cavs coach Tyronn Lue said the four-time MVP is sore and has been ruled out of Cleveland's final preseason game Friday night in Orlando. "But it's pretty sore today so we'll just see what happens", Lue said in reference to the possibility of James' playing in their 2017-2018 National Basketball Association season.
But the importance of that game, at least for the players who know they'll be on the final roster, pales in comparison to the regular-season opener against the Boston Celtics on October 17. "Got treatment all day today, so I'm not sure if we should be concerned or not. I think he'll be ok, though", Lue said. He scored 17 points and had eight turnovers as the Cavaliers fell to 0-4. "I just wanted to try and test my foot, test my ankle to see how I would come out tonight".
The Cavs struggled as a team in Tuesday's loss against the Bulls, shooting just 40.5 percent from the field.
James did not speak to reporters following Wednesday's practice.
"We're going to work on it", he added. So guys feel more comfortable.
CLEVELAND (AP) - LeBron James won't play again this preseason, and there's a chance he'll miss Cleveland's hyped opener with Boston.
There's a chance James could miss the regular-season opener, something that has never happened in his 14 previous seasons, but a lot could change in the next few days.
- Analyst Ratings Buzz: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- Despite record profit, Samsung CEO plans to quit
- Bitcoin reaches an all-time high of $5000
- NeNe Leakes Says She 'Had a Real Breakdown' After Rape Joke Backlash
- Facebook supports full disclosure on Russia-backed ads: Sheryl Sandberg
- Latest Analysts Reports: UDR, Inc. (UDR), Ford Motor Company (F)
- Tamil Nadu Cabinet Approved 7th Pay Commission, Know Your New Salaries
- Antonio Conte left with midfield headache after N'Golo Kante ruled out
- Amazon Is Hiring 120000 Temporary Holiday Workers This Year
- Download and Try Out the Pixel 2's Custom Launcher and Camera App