While there are several theories surrounding the day, a group of people who consider it be a superstition is doing the most unexpected.
IT'S perhaps the most ominous sounding journey in the world, and today marks the final time Flight 666 will make a trip to HEL on Friday 13th.
National airline Finnair announced Friday that its notorious Friday 13th flight AY 666 from Copenhagen to HEL (Helsinki) completed its last flight on Friday 13 October. As the carrier is switching around some flight numbers later this month, Flight AY666 will become AY954.
Flight tracker Twitter account Flightradar24 poked fun at the coincidence, saying: 'Would you dare to sit in row 13, on board Finnair flight 666 en route to Hel on Friday the 13th?'
However, jesters and credulous folk can still get their kicks on another flight going from SIN to HEL - Singapore to Helsinki. The flight has fallen on Friday 13th 21 times throughout its operational history, with no reported ill effects.
The irrational fear of the number 13 is called triskaidekaphobia, by the way. He had earlier said, "It has been quite a joke among the pilots. It's only a coincidence for me". Paraskevidekatriaphobia is another term for the fear of "Friday the 13th". It is called the "number of the Beast" in Chapter 13 of the Book of Revelation in the New Testament of the Bible. If you're scared of the number 666, you may have hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia.
- U.S. and Korea navies to conduct joint maritime counter special operations exercise
- Tim Hortons' Released A Buffalo-Wing Latte And It's Super Questionable
- Why Masahiro Tanaka is the most important Yankee in the ALCS
- Shahid Trolled For Posting Bare Chest Picture From Padmavati
- Gambit movie has a new release date
- Town Centre Securities Plc (TOWN) Rating Reiterated by Liberum Capital
- Irate Pochettino snaps back at Guardiola over his 'Harry Kane team' comment
- Samsung Galaxy S9 May Feature Front Camera With 3D Sensor
- Bank of America's third-quarter profit rises 13 percent
- Top RINO Susan Collins to leave the Senate?