Video calling brings you face to face with your family and friends, whether you're in the same city or thousands of miles away. The tech giant wants to make video calling an integrated part of a users' phone. Later this year is will also allow users to tap a button to switch to a video call during a current voice call.
By injecting direct support for Duo into its core apps on your Android OS, Google believes that video calling will become easier and everyone can start using Duo-a video calling app it launched past year.
Jan Jedrzejowicz, Product Manager, Phone app of Google Duo.
Courtesy of the good folks over at XDA, the Pixel 2's custom Pixel Launcher and updated Google Camera app with Motion Photo and Face Retouching are available for download and installing on other Android-powered devices. This will be achieved by placing direct links within your Phone, Contact, and Messages apps.
"If you and the person you're video calling are on a carrier that supports ViLTE video calling, your video calls will be routed through the carrier's ViLTE service".
The APK should work on pretty much any Android device with v5.0 or above. In other cases, including if only one person is on ViLTE, Google Duo is used to connect the video call to other Google Duo users.
- Kurds put forces on alert for Iraq attack near Kirkuk
- Guardiola Beats Mourinho, Wenger To September EPL Manager Of The Month
- Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (HAWK) Cut to Market Perform at UBS AG
- Economy Watch: Retail Sales Enjoys Strong September
- You Can Now Order Food Using the Facebook App
- American Midstream Partners, LP (AMID) Receives $16.75 Consensus Price Target from Analysts
- Tim Hortons' Released A Buffalo-Wing Latte And It's Super Questionable
- Shahid Trolled For Posting Bare Chest Picture From Padmavati
- No Question of Corruption in Jay's Company: Amit Shah
- Raju Gari Gadhi-2 Review