Video calling brings you face to face with your family and friends, whether you're in the same city or thousands of miles away. The tech giant wants to make video calling an integrated part of a users' phone. Later this year is will also allow users to tap a button to switch to a video call during a current voice call.
By injecting direct support for Duo into its core apps on your Android OS, Google believes that video calling will become easier and everyone can start using Duo-a video calling app it launched past year.
Jan Jedrzejowicz, Product Manager, Phone app of Google Duo.
Courtesy of the good folks over at XDA, the Pixel 2's custom Pixel Launcher and updated Google Camera app with Motion Photo and Face Retouching are available for download and installing on other Android-powered devices. This will be achieved by placing direct links within your Phone, Contact, and Messages apps.
"If you and the person you're video calling are on a carrier that supports ViLTE video calling, your video calls will be routed through the carrier's ViLTE service".
The APK should work on pretty much any Android device with v5.0 or above. In other cases, including if only one person is on ViLTE, Google Duo is used to connect the video call to other Google Duo users.
- You Can Now Order Food Using the Facebook App
- Facebook supports full disclosure on Russia-backed ads: Sheryl Sandberg
- Flight 666 to HEL makes its final Friday 13th trip
- Kurds put forces on alert for Iraq attack near Kirkuk
- Latest Analysts Reports: UDR, Inc. (UDR), Ford Motor Company (F)
- India's top court protects child brides
- Raju Gari Gadhi-2 Review
- GM threatens wind down of striking SUV plant
- Tianjin Open: Maria Sharapova beats Stefanie Voegele to reach semi-final
- American Midstream Partners, LP (AMID) Receives $16.75 Consensus Price Target from Analysts