It is learnt that the Metro board of directors had repeatedly turned down the request of the DMRC the proposal to increase the fare.There will be no increase in fare of Airport Express Link.
In the letter, Kejriwal wrote, "This entire episode demonstrates that while the Delhi government and central government are equal partners in the DMRC, the Delhi government has virtually no say in its management".
Be prepared - the hikes in fares for the Delhi Metro may not be the last such case.
Notably, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation hiked the fare of Delhi Metro services on Monday to reportedly meet the input costs and to keep providing world class services to the passengers. "The "fight" between the Delhi Government and the Center is going to put a big question mark on the future of the Phase-IV of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation", Maken said. Two fare hikes in six months is unjustified , As Reported By Hindustan Times. "And now we have to pay almost double the fares in metro if we count both the hikes implemented in six months", he said.The Delhi Metro fares were increased from Tuesday despite strong opposition from the AAP government. "Why KK Sharma, being a representative of the Delhi Government, did not object to the decision to raise the metro fares in the Fare Fixation Committee meeting", he asked?", he said.
He said that when both were against the hike in Metro fare then who took the decision.
He further also said that Puri's demand of Rs 3,000 crore from the Delhi Government if it wants the fares not raised is "far-fetched and away from reality".
The Rath yatra will be a part of Stop Politics, Save Metro campaign. The revised fare structure is: up to 2 km - Rs 10, 2 to 5 km - Rs 20, 5 to 12 km - Rs 30, 12 to 21 km - Rs 40, 21 to 32 km - Rs 50 and for journeys beyond 32 km - Rs 60. Union Minister of State for Urban Development Hardeep Singh Puri had supported the fare hike saying the Delhi Metro will turn into DTC if the token prices were not increased.
- House Is Expected to Pass Disaster Relief, Puerto Rico Credit Bill
- Elderly woman feared killed by crocodile in Australia
- Apple is Still Struggling With iPhone X Production
- Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOX) Updated Broker Ratings
- Jordan: Super teams hurt the NBA
- Gal Gadot In Talks For Justin Kurzel's Ruin
- Monarch Capital Management Inc. Decreases Holdings in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
- Yellowstone's supervolcano may erupt sooner than expected
- Germany U-17 Coach Christian Wuck: " Iran Is mentally, physically strong"
- United Kingdom to provide £557m funding for new renewable energy projects