The 30-year-old batsman had accompanied the pic with a caption which said, "Pretty scary having a rock thrown through the team bus window on the way back to the hotel!"
India s sports minister Wednesday sought to reassure Australian cricketers about their safety after a rock shattered a window on the bus taking them to their hotel following a series-levelling win in the second Twenty20 worldwide.
"In a remarkable piece of good fortune, no one was sitting on the seat next to the window when it was broken". He said that the Indian fans have been great to the Australian team and that it is unfair that one person has to spoil the experience for Guwahati, where an worldwide cricket match was being hosted only for the second time.
Australian all-rounder Moises Henriques, who scored his T20 half-century to guide the Kangaroos to a comfortable win, took to Twitter to express his gratitude towards the fans who showed up at the airport and hotel.
Sonowal said he has directed Assam chief secretary Vinod Kumar Pipersenia to conduct the inquiry and submit a report to him. "India remains a graceful host", Rathore posted on his twitter account.
Terming the incident "unfortunate", the chief minister said it was a "devious act to tarnish Guwahati's reputation as an emerging sports hub". Aus [Australia] team & Federation Internationale de Football Association are content w/those [with those].
On that occasion the team was travelling in an armed convoy amid a level of security usually granted to visiting heads of state, with roads blocked off and armed guards patrolling crowds while the convoy was moving.
Meanwhile, Assam's Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma apologised for the incident, adding that a strict action would be taken against the guilty. Back then Australia's team bus was also struck by a rock in Bangladesh five weeks ago in Chittagong. "Investigation is in full swing & Police have already picked up 2 suspects", Sonwal wrote.
The police have detained two persons for alleged involvement in the incident which followed India's defeat in the second of the three-match T20I series. The rock shattered the window of the bus.
- Kiwi Hartley on cusp of debut in F1
- Bitcoin reaches an all-time high of $5000
- NINE INCH NAILS Posts Cover Of JOHN CARPENTER's Halloween Theme
- Amazon Is Hiring 120000 Temporary Holiday Workers This Year
- Chester Bennington's carpool karaoke released by Linkin Park
- Tamil Nadu Cabinet Approved 7th Pay Commission, Know Your New Salaries
- Skowhegan Candlelight Vigil Honors Lives Lost to Domestic Violence
- Kenya: Police Alert as Nasa Vows to Defy Matiangi Ban on Demos
- " "BMO Capital Markets Reiterates "$17.00" Price Target for Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO)
- RIL Q2 earnings: Jio surprises with operating profit