Antonio Conte has revealed that Chelsea starlets Kyle Scott and Ethan Ampadu could be given a chance to impress after confirming that N'Golo Kante is likely to be on the sidelines for around three weeks.
Morata limped off against Manchester City before the worldwide break, while Kante was forced off during France's clash last week.
Conte admits the 26-year-old's absence will be a "big loss" for the Premier League champions and predicts the midfielder will be in a race to be fit for the Premier League fixture against Jose Mourinho's side at Stamford Bridge on November 5. "From the previous scan, maybe he will be out for around 20 or 21 days", Conte told reporters on Friday.
David Luiz performed impressively on his one midfield start this season against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley in August, but Conte added that he is reluctant to move the Brazil worldwide out of his normal role in the middle of Chelsea's back three unless he is left with no other choice.
Speaking ahead of the trip across London to rock-bottom Crystal Palace, the Italian said: "We are going to do a scan next week to check his situation, to see if he's improving, but for sure he's got a hamstring problem".
"As you know, we have three injured players", said Conte.
"When I chose to utilise him in midfield against Tottenham, we played with three central midfielders".
The French midfielder is due for a spell on the sidelines after coming off injured for his country during the global break.
"Drinkwater is progressing well but he's not ready yet. We may have to adapt some defenders into midfielders".
"David Luiz is one of the best central defenders".
Striker Morata missed worldwide duty with Spain due to a hamstring injury sustained against Manchester City on September 30, but initial fears of a long lay-off have receded.
"I hope to have Morata back very soon, hopefully for the next game against Roma [on Wednesday]", Conte added.
- Why Masahiro Tanaka is the most important Yankee in the ALCS
- Guardiola Beats Mourinho, Wenger To September EPL Manager Of The Month
- Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (HAWK) Cut to Market Perform at UBS AG
- Trump on Hannity: NFL Should've Suspended Kaepernick to Stop Protests During Anthem
- Yogi Adityanath to take the fight to Rahul Gandhi in Gujarat
- No Question of Corruption in Jay's Company: Amit Shah
- Mobile puts a cap on high-speed data roaming in Canada, Mexico
- Flight 666 to HEL makes its final Friday 13th trip
- NCAA: No Academic Violations at UNC
- GM threatens wind down of striking SUV plant