Actress Rose McGowan said on Twitter on Thursday that she had warned Amazon not to do business with Harvey Weinstein, the now-disgraced producer, and was ignored.
An Amazon executive has reportedly been suspended from the company after a producer came forward with sexual harassment allegations against him.
Producer Isa Hackett alleged that Price propositioned her in 2015 using crudely suggestive language.
The Amazon Studios president's departure comes amid renewed sexual harassment allegations and multiple signs that Amazon and others in the industry had withdrawn their support from the embattled executive.
There was no immediate response from Price. She received no further updates on the claims, and refrained from sharing details publicly until now.
At the time, Amazon said it took the allegation seriously, but did not announce anything like a leave of absence.
Following her complaint, Hackett continued to work on her two Amazon shows - both of which are based on the works of her father, Philip K. Dick - including the upcoming Electric Dreams.
Those projects include a new series from "Mad Men" creator Matthew Wiener, titled "The Romanoffs". Hackett said she was never made aware of the outcome but also said she never saw Price at any more events.
In a string of fiery tweets, McGowan said she repeatedly warned the studio about "HW" and "begged" the company not to work with the movie mogul but was told by an unnamed studio executive that "it hadn't been proven".
Amazon has two TV projects in development with Weinstein Co. and said this week it's reviewing them. "Be the change you want to see in the world".
The news comes as Amazon is now reviewing two expensive dramas the streamer has in the works from The Weinstein Co.in the wake of rape and sexual harassment allegations against former co-founder Harvey Weinstein.
- USA climber kills himself after avalanche kills girlfriend
- Royal Mail Secures Court Injunction Over Strike Action
- Russian Federation reportedly used Pokémon Go in an effort to inflame racial tensions
- Employees hurt, fires set in attempted escape at North Carolina prison
- John Flint named as HSBC's new chief executive, succeeding Stuart Gulliver
- Shiv Sena leader Pappu Mane's auto mows down 2 girls in Maharashtra
- Netflix's She's Gotta Have It Official Trailer
- Ezekiel Elliott's 6-Game NFL Suspension Reinstated by Court
- AT&T Estimates 300K DirecTV Now Adds for Q3
- Epic Sues Two Fortnite Cheaters