Aston Martin unveiled the DB11 on Friday, a luxury convertible that could help extend a turnaround at the British carmaker that is being helped by cost-cutting and surging sales of its DB11 luxury sports auto.
The DB11 Volante isn't merely a summer plaything, Aston Martin has fitted a heated steering wheel for colder days of open motoring, and the rear seats even feature Isofix points for fitting child seats.
Then there's the convertible's tailored fabric top that comes in bordeaux red, black silver, and grey silver.
The Volante has the coupe's 4-litre twin-turbo V8 under the bonnet, which produces 503bhp and propels the auto to 62mph from a standstill in 4.1 seconds. It's good for 510hp and thanks to a three-phase approach to delivering that power, plus three very different driving mode setups and an eight-speed paddle-operated automatic transmission, not to mention the limited slip differential with torque vectoring, Aston insists it offers a greater breadth and depth of performance than any Aston yet to carry the Volante badge.
Say hello to the latest evolution of Aston Martin's iconic convertible sports GT. The soft top can be lowered in 14 seconds or raised in 16 seconds at speeds up to 31 miles per hour.
"With the DB11 Volante we have maximized the advantages of the DB11's all-new bonded structure to underpin our new Volante with a structure that's 26kg lighter and 5% stiffer than its predecessor [the DB9 Volante]". In addition, the new design results in a 20-percent gain in trunk space compared to the outgoing DB9 Volante.
The Aston Martin DB11 Volante is priced from £159,900 in the United Kingdom, with first deliveries scheduled to begin during the first quarter of 2018. Visually the DB11 Volante retains the styling of the coupe, but its soft top can provide the open air experience in a mere 14 seconds.
The £159,900 vehicle will get its first deliveries in the first quarter of 2018.
- U.S. and Korea navies to conduct joint maritime counter special operations exercise
- This is Why Women are Missing From RSS Shakhas
- Oppo F3 Lite smartphone launched: Price, specs and more
- Oxford to ban polluting cars in 'world's first' zero emissions zone
- Bank of America's third-quarter profit rises 13 percent
- Uber files appeal against Transport for London
- New Orleans police officer shot and killed, suspect also shot
- Irate Pochettino snaps back at Guardiola over his 'Harry Kane team' comment
- Pakistan 'frees' Taliban hostage family
- BMW, Great Wall Motor Eye Possible Electric Vehicle Joint Venture In China