It take alot of risks trying to stand up to racist & bigots.
"This bigot called a group of teenage boys 'n--' on the train so I stood up and slapped him and everybody on the train backed me up", she said online. She has since verified that she slapped the man after he called a group of boys on the train the n-word, and that the rest of the train vehicle offered support in standing up to the inebriated racist named Paul Lawson.
The altercation heightened as the self-proclaimed NYU law grad yammered on about the First Amendment and continued screaming the slur at the top of his lungs, causing passengers to get aggressive and oust him from the train at the next stop.
In the cell phone video, Frasqueri, wearing an orange dress, can be seen hurling her soup at the out-of-control rider after the man was shoved out of the train doors and onto the platform by other straphangers. While the soup-thrower was initially anonymous, NYC emcee Princess Nokia eventually came forward and claimed responsibility.
"When I slapped him, he called me a n--r, and when I did all my brothers on the train came to my side and held my hand and comforted me", Frasqueri recalled. A woman who can only be heard in the footage dares Lawson to "say it again" before shouting, "This man is a racist!"
Today though, it's NY rapper Princess Nokia's turn to take on the dickheads.
It wasn't the first time Frasqueri stood up for herself or others.
As for Lawson, he reportedly called the video of the L train incident "unfortunate" and that he's "getting help". The man called her the N-word in response and that's when things escalated.
The Facebook posts have since been deleted.
Nokia, whose legal name is Destiny Frasqueri, tweeted her account of the incident early Wednesday morning.
The enraged man appeared drunk as he held a can of what is believed to be a pre-mixed margarita and lime, when he heckled others riding the NY train from Brooklyn.
- Google to integrate Duo App to Android by default
- What's Transpiring With Shares of Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE:FRT)?
- Hurricane Ophelia moving at crawl in northeastern Atlantic
- Israeli Spies Found Russia Hacking with Kaspersky
- Oculus Rift price cut to £399 for good
- Sky takeover probe to focus on media plurality, broadcasting standards
- Taylor Twellman Is Really Angry USA Missed The 2018 World Cup
- Michelle Wu to host Puerto Rico fundraiser October 14
- Warm again today, spotty rain Friday
- McDonald's Sauce Promotion Disappoints Fans of 'Rick and Morty'