Earlier also there were a number of charges made against him (Amit Shah).
The controversy comes at when the Gujarat Assembly election is barely 60 days away, and the winter session of parliament is scheduled to start in the first half of November.
He alleged that the only beneficiary of demonetisation was not the RBI, the poor or the farmers, but it's the Shah-in-Shah of demonetisation. It's the Shah-in-Shah of Demo.
Delhi Congress on Tuesday held a protest march from Mandi House chowk to the BJP headquarters at 11 Ashoka Road demanding a probe into the alleged financial irregularities of the firm of BJP president Amit Shah's son, Jay Shah. I have seen some pages from the suit, but we are yet to formally receive any communication from Shah, his lawyers or the court.
In addition, additional solicitor general Tushar Mehta has publicly stated that he might "defend Jay Shah in court". "The leader of the ruling party of the country Shri Amit Shah is busy implementing anti-democratic and anti political agenda of RSS", he added.
This, The Wire imputes, was illegal and beyond the inference of logical business growth. Shah stated that his lawyer had given details of all his legitimate transactions to the website since he "had nothing to hide". "They shall be prosecuted for criminal defamation and sued for an amount of Rs 100 crore in the Ahmedabad court". "Both the actions will be field at Ahmedabad, where I stay, on my business and where the cause of action has arisen". This was strongly and roundly denied by no less than the railway minister Piyush Goyal, who has said in a press briefing that this was "absolutely false, baseless, malicious, derogatory, defamatory and hollow". Goyal told the media that the title of the report was "mischievous" and used the the figure "16,000 times" to sensationalise the issue. BJP leaders said it was unfortunate that Jay had been targeted for pursuing his business honestly. What was there in the one room office of Temple Enterprises that its rent was shown as Rs 80 lakh?
On IREDA, OpIndia says the public enterprise is meant "to promote, develop and extend financial assistance for renewable energy and energy efficiency/conservation projects".
He further said that Mr Jay Shah had been given unsecured loan of '15.78 crore by Kusum Finserve.
The Wire said its findings were based on filings with the Registrar of Companies (RoC). He said in the 2013-14 year, the Temple Enterprise did not own any fixed assets and had no inventories or stock.
- Seth MacFarlane says Oscar joke about Weinstein was retaliation for harassment
- The Rock and Vin Diesel respond to Tyrese's Fast and Furious accusations
- Qualcomm Fined Record $773 Million in Taiwan Antitrust Probe
- Play Star Wars Battlefront 2 Early With EA Access And Origin
- Blackberry Announced its New All-Screen Motion Smartphone
- Hyundai Aims To Make Car-Buying Experience Easier
- No dearth of resources, only need good governance: Modi
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AMC)'s Valuation Review According to Quant
- Three people found dead in Nanaimo house fire, Police
- Analyst Ideas For Two Stocks: Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST), Netflix, Inc. (NFLX)