Astronauts Randy Bresnik and Mark Vande Hei exited the International Space Station airlock Tuesday for the second of three spacewalks planned this month.
Spacewalks are done by the astronauts for fix and maintenance of the International Space Station.
Next spacewalk is planned for 18th October this year. After 6 hours 36 minutes they returned with all objectives completed and finished 204th space walk focused on servicing and maintenance of the International Space Station.
The live video of the spacewalk on Tuesday showed Commander Randy Bresnik floating in the vacuum of space in his white spacesuit. "In order to do that, he'll have to first install a new socket onto the newly repaired latching end effector and then insert his foot restraint", Glenda Brown, the lead EVA officer for today's spacewalk, said during the briefing. Vande Hei carried out the fast greasing process, but still, some part is left which will be greased in the 3rd spacewalk scheduled to take place next week. On October 5, the duo had replaced the latching mechanism on one end of the Canadian-made robotic arm, called Canadarm2. As the previous camera had aged and was tinting images pink, so it was replaced with a new high definition video camera.
Rob Navias, the NASA spokesman, described the latest installation of HD camera as providing "new eyes" to the space station. The job is expected to spill into next week, in a third spacewalk. Joining him, will be Flight Engineer Joe Acaba, during which the astronauts will continue the lubrication of the new end effector and replace another camera system on the Destiny Lab.
- Hamas, Fatah reach Palestinian reconciliation deal
- Google will 'permanently remove' Home Mini feature that led to constant recording
- Sells 418 Shares of EOG Resources Inc (EOG)
- This Weeks Target Prices For Investors Real Estate Trust (NYSE:IRET)
- Karan Johar announces new movie Brahmastra starring BigB, Ranbir and Alia
- Kenyan opposition candidate approved for poll after challenger withdraws
- Trump again blasts Iran nuke deal as certification decision looms
- Police arrest one accused of Odia techie murder case in Bengaluru
- Reliance Jio's new plan offers 100 per cent cashback on Rs 399
- 'Las Vegas part two'? NY man arrested for threat