Today they announced limited editions of their POWERbot VR7000 vacuum cleaner inspired by the iconic sci-fi franchise. But of course, being a limited edition Star Wars version you expect it to do something neat. It's the result of a partnership between Samsung and Star Wars fans.
- "May the Force be with you" even when you are cleaning!
The Darth Vader version of the robot vacuum has a special cover that has been created using premium materials that resemble Lord Vader's all-black mask.
Both models have unique sound effects.
The Stormtrooper version is meant to look like a white and black Stormtrooper helmet. For example, when powering on the Darth Vader unit, the vacuum will play and mimic the character's infamous breathing. The VR7000 robot vacuum cleaner is offered in two different styles, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper.
VR7000 Star Wars limited edition includes all the core cleaning technologies that Samsung has introduced with the original VR7000m including the CycloneForce technology, the Edge Clean Master, and a suction power of 10 watts.
The Vader POWERbot also comes with Wi-Fi connectivity and a remote control; Samsung doesn't say why the robot needs the remote but there's a good chance you'll soon be able to see YouTube videos of tech pranksters freaking out cats and bothering dogs with the Vader bot. Users can control the device from their smartphones, as well as issue voice commands using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
The Darth Vader and Stormtrooper models have been priced at $799 and $699 respectively. You can preorder both now at the Samsung website; the estimated ship date is November 5th at the time of writing.
- MSC containership, other grounded vessels, refloated in Port of Durban
- U.S. pulls out of United Nations cultural organization
- Hurricane Ophelia moving at crawl in northeastern Atlantic
- Irish High Court finally approves Apple's Athenry data centre
- Donald Trump may visit demilitarised zone during first trip to South Korea
- Watch Princess Nokia destroy a racist dude on the subway
- Talwars Acquitted In Daughter Aarushi's Murder By Allahabad High Court
- Amazon gives control over teen spending to parents
- Bank of America Corp (BAC) EPS Estimated At $0.47
- Elderly man dies after being tied up in home invasion