Three people were found fatally shot, a fourth person was stabbed and critically wounded, and authorities in southeast OH searched Thursday for a missing 8-year-old boy.
"Upon arrival deputies found three adults inside a house trailer deceased from apparent gunshot wounds", Lawless said.
Devin William Andrew Holston went missing from a crime scene at 7 p.m. Wednesday, which is why an endangered missing child advisory has been issued for numerous counties in southern Ohio. Deputies lost Lawson in a wooded area. The victim had stab wounds to the neck and head and was taken to the hospital.
Authorities say Aaron Lawson, 23, 15868 State Route 93, is a person of interest in the crimes. He was pursued by deputies after being spotted at about 12:30 a.m. on State Route 141 near County Road 52.
Lawson crashed his vehicle into a ditch and then fled on foot. Police officers from all village agencies, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the Ashland KY Police, and the Huntington Police K9 unit assisted in the search for Lawson but he was able to evade capture in the darkness.
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is assisting Lawrence County in the investigation. The sheriff's office said in a statement that releasing further information would compromise the investigation.
An extensive search for Holston - who lived at the first residence - did not turn up the child. Authorities say "there is reason to believe Devin could be in danger or injured".
Victims' names are not being released at this time pending identification and notification of family.
Meanwhile, Lawson has been identified as a person of interest in the case.
Anyone with information about Lawson's or Holston's whereabouts should contact the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office at 740-532-3525.
- Apple is working on folding iPhone 'which could transform into an iPad'
- Breaking Bad house owners build fence after pizza stunts
- Quantitative Investment Management LLC Takes Position in Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co (GT)
- Apple partners LG for foldable iPhone
- Elderly man dies after being tied up in home invasion
- Traders Sell Shares of UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH) on Strength (UNH)
- Bank of America Corp (BAC) EPS Estimated At $0.47
- Romania's annual inflation rate reaches highest level in four years
- Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Reiterates "Hold" Rating for JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM)
- Amazon gives control over teen spending to parents