The fact surfaced up afte police arrested two youths in connection with the murder of 28-year-old software engineer, Pranay Mishra - a resident of Odisha - near Chocolate Factory on Taverekere Main Road in Bengaluru. Madiwala police said Pranay partied at his friend residence and returned to his rented accommodation at 2.45am. Later he called his girlfriend and asked her to meet him. Locals said that the body was lying in a pool of blood, according to a New Indian Express report.
The incident came to light when the victim's girlfriend called him and the phone was attended by a person, who informed about her about the incident.
According to the Newspaper, He called his girlfriend and told her he would meet her in a few minutes."Pranay went on his vehicle and reached the Chocolate Factory Junction where two bikeborne men accosted him. The victim shouted at the suspects, who were drunk, following which they chased him and attacked him with a knife", he said.
The accused has been identified as Kartik, whom policed nabbed based on CCTV footage. He was working at the Bengaluru branch of Accenture, a global management consulting and professional services company. Earlier, his sister Prachi Mishra also worked in Bengaluru as a techie.
Madiwala police have registered a case and investigations are underway.
- Jordan Brand ending Carmelo Anthony's signature-shoe line
- 'Las Vegas part two'? NY man arrested for threat
- Girls joining Boy Scouts is not something new
- Pre-Market Movers - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
- Movie studios join Disney-led service to link digital purchases
- Sells 418 Shares of EOG Resources Inc (EOG)
- Doughboyz Cashout rapper Doughboy Roc killed in Detroit
- Radamel Falcao Denies Colombia 'Pact' with Peru in World Cup Qualifier
- Japan's Kobe Steel under fire for fudging data on metals
- Martinez: Fellaini injury won't sour relationship with Mourinho