The Vertical's Shams Charania originally reported that Wiggins and the Timberwolves were "progressing" towards an agreement in late September, but it took until now to make the contract official.
"This is definitely where I want to be; definitely where I want to be", Wiggins said, via USA Today's Sam Amick. Wiggins averaged 26.0 points over the final 30 games in 2016-17, including 28.3 ppg in eight April starts. "I love everybody. They've treated me with nothing but nice since I got here. I've still got some time before the day before that first game". The extension will kick in at the beginning of the 2018-19 season, after Wiggins' rookie contract expires. But coach Tom Thibodeau and Taylor have long believed in Wiggins' ability to become the kind of dynamic, two-way player who can play a major role in ending the team's playoff drought. But he still has a long way to go as a defender and rebounder, and will need to be even better than the.356 shooter he was from 3-point range last season if the Wolves are going to snap that skid. "I look forward to doing right by them and bringing this team to the postseason".
Per the Timberwolves, only three players scored more points before their 22nd birthday: LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony. Wiggins won the Eddie Gottlieb Trophy as the NBA's Rookie of the Year following the 2014-15 season in which he averaged 16.9 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists, becoming the first Wolves player to win Rookie of the Year honors.
The sides were on the verge of reaching a deal in August when Wiggins made a decision to part ways with agent Bill Duffy, who had represented him ever since he was drafted by Cleveland and traded to Minnesota in 2014. Andrew is among the elite young talents in our league and the sky is the limit for him.
- Zacks Investment Research Downgrades Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV) to Sell
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Premieres in November on Amazon
- Adrian Peterson believes he has 4-5 years left
- Drilling Down Into Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)
- Choosing Between The Charles Schwab Corporation (SCHW) and CME Group Inc. (CME)
- The Rock and Vin Diesel respond to Tyrese's Fast and Furious accusations
- Two dead, 15 admitted as five storey building collapses in Kisii
- Analyst Ideas For Two Stocks: Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST), Netflix, Inc. (NFLX)
- COLA HBC (CCHGY) Downgraded by Jefferies Group LLC to Hold
- U of Hawaii Sends How-To Email in Event of Nuke Attack